Call for applications for The McGraw Fellowship for Business Journalism 2019. The aim of the McGraw Fellowship for Business Journalism is to support high-impact, ambitious coverage of critical issues related to the global economy, finance and business. In an age when many news organizations no longer have the resources to tackle complex, time-consuming stories, the Fellowships enable experienced journalists to do the deep reporting needed to produce a serious piece of investigative or enterprise journalism.
The Harold W. McGraw, Jr. Center for Business Journalism, an initiative of the Craig Newmark Graduate School of Journalism at the City University of New York, began offering Fellowships to accomplished journalists in the summer of 2014. Nearly three dozen veteran journalists have since been awarded grants of up to $15,000.
They generally accept applications twice a year. The upcoming deadline for Winter 2019 Fellowships is January 4, 2019. Applications for the Summer 2019 Fellowships will be due June 28, 2019. However, they will consider time-sensitive projects on a case-by-case basis outside of the deadline periods.
- United States of America
- The McGraw Center for Business Journalism at the City University of New York’s Graduate School
- New York
- The stipend — $5,000 a month for up to three months — is intended to cover travel and research expenses incurred in reporting the stories and to assist with the Fellows’ living expenses.
- The McGraw Fellowship for Business Journalism is open to anyone with at least five years professional experience in journalism.
- Freelance journalists, as well as reporters and editors currently working at a news organization, may apply.
Also check some other international journalism fellowships:
- The upcoming deadline for Winter 2019 Fellowships is January 4, 2019. Applications for the Summer 2019 Fellowships will be due June 28, 2019. However, they will consider time-sensitive projects on a case-by-case basis outside of the deadline periods.