Applications are invited for the McGraw Fellowship for Business Journalism in New York. The McGraw Fellowship provides editorial and financial support to journalists who need the time and resources to produce a significant story or series that provides fresh insight into an important business or economic topic. We accept applications for in-depth text, video or audio pieces, and we encourage proposals that take advantage of more than one storytelling form to create a multimedia package.
The aim of the McGraw Fellowship for Business Journalism is to support in-depth, ambitious coverage of critical issues related to the global economy and business. In an age when many news organizations no longer have the resources to tackle complex, time-consuming stories, the Fellowships enable experienced journalists to do the deep reporting needed to produce a serious piece of investigative or enterprise journalism.
- United States of America
- The McGraw Center for Business Journalism at the City University of New York’s Graduate School
- New York
- The stipend — $5,000 a month for up to three months — is intended to cover travel and research expenses incurred in reporting the stories and to assist with the Fellows’ living expenses.
Also Visit: Fully Funded RAF Journalism Fellowship New York
- The McGraw Fellowship for Business Journalism is open to anyone with at least five years professional experience in journalism.
- Freelance journalists, as well as reporters and editors currently working at a news organization, may apply.
Note: No budget is required at the time of application, but finalists will be asked to provide an estimated budget at that time.
- Applications will generally be accepted twice a year — in the summer and late fall. The next deadline will be June 30, 2018. Winter 2019 applications will be due December 15, 2018.