Facebook is now accepting applications for the paid MBA internship program.
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we’re just getting started.
Facebook is seeking an MBA intern for MBA internship to partner with key stakeholders and help develop a market intelligence program to support and enable the continued growth critical to Facebook’s Data Center organization. The intern will be responsible for laying out a framework for market research and competitive intelligence in the Data Center engineering, design and construction sourcing space to help gain external awareness and develop data to better support internal planning and execute enhanced sourcing strategies. The intern will be expected to use data to provide meaningful recommendations and actionable strategies to key stakeholders, and develop best practices, including streamlining of data sources and related programmatic initiatives.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for working in white space and creating impact from the ground up in a fast-paced environment. Additionally, the ideal candidate will have a proven track record of thought leadership and impact in developing similar market intelligence and market sizing programs. This full-time MBA internship position is part of the Infrastructure Data Center – Sourcing and Operations Engineering team, and is in our Menlo Park office.
What is working at Facebook like? If you like fast-paced decision making, acting on fact, creating your own future, decision making autonomy and building something new and different from scratch – then this is the role and company for you. At Facebook, your role is as big as you define it to be. The impact you have on the business is determined by your appetite for homeruns, and your skills and capability.
- United States
- Menlo Park, CA
- Internship – Business: Strategic Planning and Analytics Intern (Sourcing Operations Engineering)
- Work cross functionally to define problem statement, collect data, build analytical models and make recommendations
- Use market research and competitive intelligence to identify insights that can be used to drive key decisions across the organization (market share, growth projections and trends, and market forces)
- Perform financial, statistical, and qualitative data analysis of markets and suppliers
- Translate data into executable and effective market intelligence reports
- Lead and support various ad hoc projects, as needed, in support of Facebook’s Data Center strategy
- Pursuing a MBA degree
- 4+ years of hands-on experience analyzing and interpreting data, drawing conclusions, defining recommended actions, and reporting results across stakeholders
- Be a self-starter, motivated by a passion for developing the best possible solutions to complex problems
- Strong analytical ability, creative thinking, and communications skills
- Proven ability to effectively distill and communicate complex data to all organizational levels
- High level of competence with Microsoft Office suite (in particular, advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills) is essential
- Degree in an analytical field (e.g. Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research, Management Science)
- Hands on project management experience is a plus
- Technical knowledge of data center operations is a plus
- Permanent US work authorization is required
How to Apply:
Application must be submitted online. You just need to upload your resume and have to answers some simple questions.