Apply for Local Guides Connect Live 2019 and win a fully funded visit to Google HQ in California. This year Google will host 200 local guides from around the world. The fully funded Google event will be held November 12 to 15 in a show-stopping new location in San Jose, California.
This November, They’re bringing 200—that’s right TWO HUNDRED—Local Guides Level 5+ from all around the world together in San Jose, California and Google’s headquarters for nearly four full days of exciting activities. We’ll kick things off on November 12 with a Welcome Reception, have two jam-packed days of activities, then close things out on November 15 with a Farewell Breakfast with the Local Guides team. To best serve our global community, Connect Live 2019 will be presented entirely in English.
All over the world, Local Guides are on a mission to help people find the places worth discovering. To celebrate the stars of our global community, Connect Live is back and will be bigger than ever. The event will be held November 12 to 15 in a show-stopping new location in San Jose, California. There, Google will host 200 Local Guides Levels 5 and above from around the world. Before you apply, please note that the event will be delivered entirely in English to best serve our global community.
Local Guides Connect Live 2019 Details:
- United States of America
- San Jose, California
- November 12-15, 2019
- Flights, transportation, and hotel stay on primary arrival and departure dates will be arranged and paid for by Google.
- Meals will be covered by Google during the duration of the event. Visa or ESTA fees for one application will also be paid for by Google. However, attendees will be responsible for securing visas on their own.
- You will join top Local Guides from around the world to share new experiences
- Get inside access to the world of Google Maps through inspiring talks
- Discover local favorites in San Jose and see the Google campus
Also, Apply for, Future Leaders Connect – Fully Funded 10-Days to the UK
- To apply to attend Connect Live, you must be an active Local Guide Level 5 or higher and submit an application that includes a 1-minute video.
- High-quality, well-rounded, and consistent contributions on Google Maps over the past 12 months
- Consistent involvement with the Local Guides community such as actively contributing on Connect or hosting meet-ups
- All Connect Live attendees must be at least 21 years old by the event start date on November 12, 2019. This is because 21 is the legal drinking age in the United States and alcohol will be present at some events.
- To best serve the global community, Connect Live 2019 will be presented entirely in English. In order to get the most out of the experience, attendees will need to confirm that they can communicate proficiently in English in addition to submitting all application materials in English.
Look back at last year’s event
From October 16-18, 2018, we hosted our third flagship global event. 151 of our most active and passionate Google Maps contributors joined us from 59 countries around the world for an inspiring two and a half days of talks, workshops, and local experiences
How to Apply for Local Guides Connect Live 2019?
Applications are open to Local Guides Levels 5+ during the application period.
Applicants will be selected based on a number of factors including, but not limited to:
The submission of a complete application including:
- A 1-minute video message responding to ONE of the prompts provided. Prompts are: Tell us about your favorite place and what makes it special; What’s one thing you want everyone to know about your community?; or Why are you proud to be a Local Guide?
- A new post on Connect that describes a cause you care about sharing on Google Maps and why. Whether you’re passionate about finding the world’s best French fries or making the map more eco-friendly, we want to know about it! Post your response using the Local Stories topic. Here’s how to write a great Connect post for Connect Live 2019.
- A new list created on Google Maps about any theme, including a title, description, and at least five places.
- Applications will be open from March 4, 2019 to April 30, 2019.