Young Connectors of the Future (YCF) is a Fully Funded Leadership Program for people who wants to bring positive change in society – and in themselves. The aim of this leadership program (YCF) is to support young leaders in South Asia by giving them the tools and methods they need in their work for an equal and sustainable society. YCF is as much about personal as professional development. It is about growing as a person with renewed confidence and insights, and growing as a leader with new tools, methods and perspectives.
- Sweden Institutes
- Four weeks
YCF will give you:
- New tools, methods and perspectives that is needed when working for an equal and sustainable society.
- Greater understanding of the environment and issues on a local, regional and global level
- Personal insights and self-awareness as a leader, a change-maker and a person
- Meet and get to exchange ideas with other experts, inspire each other and share experiences on common challenges.
- Hands-on training with digital tools, tactics and security
- A strong and active alumni network that support each other in driving important changes in society
Costs covered and arranged by Swedish Institute:
- Training and content
- Accommodation, food and domestic transport during the programme
- Flight tickets to and from module 1 and 2
- Insurance covering acute illness and accident when in Sweden
- Visa costs
- Have a leading position in your work for social change (for example in your work as a civil servant, a youth politician, a legal worker, a journalist, a social worker, a social entrepreneur or a cultural worker).
- Work in a collaborative setting, where you have a leadership role (formal or informal)
- Are working actively for democracy, sustainability, diversity and/or human rights
- Are between 22 and 32 years old (born 1985 – 1996)
- Have a good working knowledge of both written and spoken English
- Are a citizen of Afghanistan, Bangladesh, India, Nepal, Pakistan or Sri Lanka
- Can take part in all parts of the programme
- Are prepared to forward competences and knowledge you gain from the programme.
Please note that we are not able to make any exceptions to the eligibility requirements
Each application is evaluated according to the following criteria:
- Awareness and analytical skills
- Drive and motivation
- Relevant work experience
- Relevant educational background
- SI seeks to compose a diverse and balanced group (regarding gender, age, geography, skills and experiences) in order to enable a dynamic learning environment.
- The applicant’s ability to contribute to the programme
- The extent to which the programme is expected to strengthen the applicant in his or her work for social change
- Download and fill out the YCF application form
- Go to the application portal
- Upload the completed application form in English, including your contact details and the contact details of two reference persons
- Upload an updated CV in English
- Upload a letter of recommendation* in English. Template for the letter can be found here..
- Upload a photo (not compulsory).
How to Apply:
Only applicants who have submitted a complete online application with the required documents will be considered for the programme. Follw the step by step process which is mentioned in the Required Documents section.
- 6 February, 2018