The Columbia Journalism School is pleased to announce its prestigious Knight-Bagehot Fellowship in Economics and Business Journalism 2018/2019 in USA.
The Knight-Bagehot Fellowship in Economics and Business Journalism offers qualified journalists the opportunity to enhance their understanding and knowledge of business, economics and finance in a yearlong, full-time program administered by the Journalism School. Fellows take courses at Columbia’s graduate schools of journalism, business, law and international affairs; participate in off-the-record seminars and dinner meetings with corporate executives, economists and academics; and attend briefings and field trips to New York-based media companies and financial institutions.
- United States of America
- Columbia’s graduate schools of journalism, business, law and international affairs, Columbia University in the City of New York.
- Courses at Columbia’s graduate schools of journalism, business, law and international affairs
No. of Fellowships:
- 10 Fellowships
- Each Fellow receives free tuition plus a stipend to offset living expenses in New York City
- For the 2018-2019 academic year, a stipend of $60,000 will be granted to each fellow. Housing is available in a Columbia affiliated facility.
- The fellowship is open to full-time editorial employees of newspapers, magazines, wire services, digital media and broadcast news organizations as well as to freelance journalists.
- Applicants must have at least four years of experience.
- There are no academic prerequisites
- The affiliation of applicants is not a factor in the selection process. Journalists from nationally known organizations are not given preference over those from smaller regional media
For more information, Please click here.
The chief criterion for selection is demonstrated journalistic excellence. While essays and letters of recommendation are important parts of the application, the greatest weight is given to work samples.
How to Apply:
To apply, you must create an account through our online system in order to submit the application and required materials. Please remember to write down your username and password to access your application at a later time.
- Feb. 15, 2018.