Applications are invited for KAUST Summer School 2019. The fully funded summer school in Saudi Arabia will run from July 21 to August 8, 2019. The 2019 Red Sea Summer Program will host eligible international BS/BSc and MS students for its fifth annual summer program focused on Marine Science.
Students will be exposed to several aspects of KAUST’s work with relevance to understanding the Red Sea, including genomics, ecology, biological oceanography, microbiology, and environmental science. The course includes fieldwork, lab work, lectures, and data workshops.
Active since the opening of KAUST in 2009, the Red Sea Research Center is well-positioned and well-equipped to study the Red Sea with state-of-the-art facilities and world-class researchers. With its striking blue waters in our backyard, the Red Sea represents KAUST’s most unique ‘laboratory’. The Red Sea Research Center undertakes a wide variety of research to formulate a comprehensive understanding of the Red Sea’s rich ecology. This knowledge is crucial to ensure sustainable use and conservation of its natural resources.
King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) is a graduate-level research university located on the shores of the Red Sea in Saudi Arabia. The KAUST Summer School in Saudi Arabia is fully funded and Successful applicants will receive full funding for travel, private bedroom, and bath in a shared residential suite, and a stipend for a three-week period of study at KAUST.
KAUST Summer School 2019 Details:
- Saudi Arabia
- King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST)
Summer School Duration:
- 19-20 Days
Summer School Dates:
- July 21 – August 8, 2019
Check & Apply for NUST Summer School 2019 in Pakistan
- Round-trip airfare to/from the international airport of departure-Jeddah (KAUST)
- Private bedroom and bath in a shared residential suite
- Three-week workshop living allowance ($800USD )
- Health insurance while at KAUST
- Visa fees (Students must have a valid passport)
- Access to community recreational resources
- Some group meals are included during Program
- Social and cultural activities
- Tuition-free program
The program is hosted in partnership with the International Programs Office to support Visiting Student Research Program opportunities for international students
- The Red Sea Summer Program offers an opportunity for exceptionally qualified international undergraduate and post-graduate students to learn about Red Sea research from KAUST Faculty.
- Sixteen (16) students will be selected to participate in the summer workshop from international universities.
- The ideal program participant will be a current undergraduate or Master’s student with a strong background in core biological sciences, preferably also with at least one specialized course, such as ecology, zoology, genetics, oceanography, or marine biology.
Note: Enrolled KAUST students, KAUST Alumni, students who are currently in a Ph.D. program or those who have earned a Ph.D. are not eligible to participate.
- A cumulative grade point average (GPA) that exceeds 3.50 /4.00 (14/20: Equivalent to ECTS B).
- Demonstrated English reading comprehension, speaking, listening and writing abilities. Suggested levels; TOEFL score of 79 on the IBT or 6.0 on the IELTS
Check & Apply for CreateDAV Summer School 2019 Toronto, Canada
- Official academic transcript(s) or a certified translation if the original transcript(s) is not in English from current and previous institutions.
- Personal Statement of Intent,
- Letter of Recommendation from a professor or academic supervisor
- A passport with validity until 2020 (and two blank facing pages).
Click here for detailed application instructions for KAUST Summer School Scholarship.
How to Apply for KAUST Summer School 2019?
You can apply for KAUST Summer School 2019 online application by clicking on the APPLY NOW button below.
- The application deadline for KAUST Summer School 2019 [Fully Funded Summer School] in Saudi Arabia is Friday March 15, 2019.