Call for applications for Johnson & Johnson Global Mental Health Scholarships. Selected applicants will be getting full scholarship to study MSc Global Mental Health course. The MSc Global Mental Health course is a joint programme provided by the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM) and the Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology & Neuroscience, King’s College London(KCL).
The programme of study aims to provide students with the knowledge and skills to initiate, develop and oversee mental health programmes and/or policies in low-resource settings, as well as to conduct and critically evaluate research on global mental health. These skills and knowledge will make it possible for students to make valuable contributions in the domains of research, policy and practice as they relate to the discipline of global mental health.
The Janssen Global Mental Health Scholarship Fund was launched in 2012 through a generous donation from Janssen Pharmaceutica (part of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies). In 2018, the Johnson & Johnson Scholarship Fund was launched, providing an additional 18 scholarships over the five years. To date, 21 students registered on the MSc Global Mental Health have benefited as a result of the scholarships. This is an annual award until 2022 (for the 2022-23 academic year).
London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine is offering up to four Johnson & Johnson Global Mental Health Scholarships to students accepted onto the 2019-20 MSc Global Mental Health programme.
The School has an international presence and collaborative ethos and is uniquely placed to help shape health policy and translate research findings into tangible impact. They have 3,000 staff and more than 4,000 students in over 100 countries, all working with a collective purpose to improve health worldwide.
Global Mental Health Scholarships Details:
- Joint programme provided by the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM) and the Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology & Neuroscience, King’s College London(KCL).
- MSc Course
Field of Study:
- Global Mental Health
Each scholarship will cover
- Full tuition fees at the KCL overseas fee rate, and
- A stipend (living allowance) of GBP 16,950.00, and
- An allowance of GBP 500.00 for MSc project expenses.
- Applicants from non-English speaking countries (as specified by the Home Office – UKVI) must meet the minimum English Language Requirements if shortlisted for this funding.
- Applicants who have been short-listed for this funding will be required to provide proof of English language proficiency within 6 weeks of notification for their scholarship application to be considered any further.
- Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, Rwanda, South Africa, Indonesia, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam, Nicaragua, Peru
How to Apply for Global Mental Health Scholarships 2019-20 in UK?
To apply for this funding applicants should complete both steps below by the scholarship deadline.
Step 1: Submit an application for study for the MSc Global Mental Health programme through the King’s College London online application portal.
Step 2: Submit an online scholarships application, selecting this scholarship option from the drop-down menu. The scholarship application must include the following uploaded documents
- A completed Supplementary Questions Form for this scholarship, and
- Proof of your application submission, or Letter of Offer from KCL, for 2019-20 MSc Global Mental Health programme, and
- English Proficiency score results (if you have these already).
Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.
The deadline for applications is midnight (GMT) on Sunday 24 March 2019.
Notification of the results of short-listing stage and invitations for an interview will be made by the week beginning Monday 29 April 2019 at the latest.
Notification of final result of your application will be made by Friday 31 May 2019.