Call for applications for fully funded International Youth Summer Camp in Turkey 2018. This is a fully funded program and organized by Islamic Conference Youth Forum for Dialogue and Cooperation (ICYF-DC).
Islamic Conference Youth Forum for Dialogue and Cooperation (ICYF-DC), an international institution affiliated to the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC), announces the below call for application issued by the Ministry of Youth and Sports of the Republic of Turkey on “Youth Media Capacity Building Summer Camp” to be held within the framework of the “Al-Quds Ash-Sharif – OIC Youth Capital 2018”International Programme.
International Youth Summer Camp Details:
- Islamic Conference Youth Forum for Dialogue and Cooperation (ICYF-DC).
- 19 May Youth Summer Camp in Samsun/Turkey
- One Week
- Date: 17 – 23 September 2018 (Arrival: 17th September, Departure: 23rd September 2018).
- Travel: The relevant host organizers will cover round trip travel expenses from his/her own country to Samsun Airport including the participant’s visa, medical and travel insurance and personal expenses.
- Accommodation and other costs: Host organizers will cover domestic transportation, accommodation, food and other relevant local hospitality
Important Announcement: Please have a look at Some Previous Turkish Fully Funded Programs which will be open soon.
- Ist Model OIC Arabic for High School Students in Turkey 2o18
- Turkish Summer School “Learn Turkish in Turkey’ (Scholarships Available)
- How to Apply for Turkey Bulsari Scholarship – Complete Guide
- 2018 Turkey Scholarship Program for international students (Fully Funded)
- Fully Funded YEE Turkish Summer School in Turkey 2018
- TRT World Fellowship Program in Turkey (Fully Funded)
- Turkey Europe Exchange Forum 2018
- OIC International Startup Summit in Turkey (Fully Funded)
- To explore the key elements.
- To learn to evaluate the reliability of sources and to approach any information critically;
- To explore the interrelation between media messages and tolerance/intolerance in our societies, especially in regards to the topic of migrant and refugee crisis;
- To learn how to distinguish between media and audience bias;
- To build the capacity of Muslim Youth in terms of leadership skills and empower them through meaningful participation in the media;
- To facilitate young people’s connection to heritage, language, culture, and identity through media participation;
- To explore and understand media and youth participation in media with cultural diversity as concepts and group processes;
- To provide tools for multiplication and development of youth participation in media.
The final selection will be made by the organizing team according to the criteria described below;
- To be a citizen of the OIC Member State or representative of the Muslim community in the non-OIC Member States.
- Check Your Country here (http://www.oicexchanges.org/members/oic-member-state-countries).
- Able to speak English.
- Aged 18 – 30.
- To have some media background (study, work experience or interest); (Means it’s not compulsory that you have Must a Media Background, Interest is also Fine).
- Involved in/coordinated any media related project.
- Active in community services. (Like Volunteer Activities etc).
- Motivated to attend the full duration.
- The Deadline to apply for International Youth Summer Camp is 5 August 2018.
Note: The selected participants will receive an email confirmation with the detail of the logistics. Due to limited timing, the first come first serve principle will be considered and there won’t be an opportunity to inform those who won’t be selected. The general information on selection results will be posted at ICYF-DC website (www.icyf-dc.org) and social media accounts.