Call for applications for International Winter Course on Human Rights and Asia 2019 at Seoul National University, South Korea. This two-week intensive course was launched in 2014 and is now awaiting participants for its sixth year.
This human rights and Asia course intends to allow participants to think about the universality of human rights in particular contexts of Asia and to gain a deepened understanding of human rights issues in this region.
A special lecture on the ‘Universal Declaration of Human Rights and Asia’ will mark the 70th anniversary of the UDHR. A cross-cutting theme of this upcoming course is economic and social rights. Participants will examine economic and social rights in relation to gender, refugees, and in the context of corporate responsibility.
International Winter Course Details:
- South Korea
- Seoul National University
- Two Weeks
- 06 January,2019 to 20 January,2019
- Airfare (if applicable)
- Visa fee (if applicable)
- On-Campus accommodation (See 5 below.)
No. of Participants:
- The number of participants is limited to 20 and participants will be selected in a way to ensure the diversity within participants in terms of professional and academic background, region and field of interests. The selected participants will be expected to attend all the sessions throughout the course and actively contribute to discussions.
- This course is designed for postgraduate students, junior researchers, activists, lawyers and national and international civil servants from all countries around the world who demonstrate a high level of interest in human rights and Asia, and this year’s special theme, economic and social rights.
- The entire course is taught in English. Fluency in oral and written English is therefore required.
- A Copy of Your Valid Passport(contain your photo)
- Application Documents:
- Application form
- Motivation Letter
- Research/Advocacy Plan
- Article Review
- A Letter of Recommendation
Also, visit and read about some more amazing opportunities:
- Friday, 12 October 2018, 18:00 (Korea Standard Time: GMT +09:00)