The 2019 International Wilbird Photo Competition is open for entries with over € 6.000 € in prizes available.
Every year, as part of the Bird and Nature Festival, an international photo competition dedicated to wildbird is organized.
A selection of the best photos will be presented at the Crotoy during the event, which will take place from 13 to 22 April 2019
- A Grand Prix to the overall winner awarded with an amount of €1,500
- A 1st Prize in each category awarded with an amount of €800
- A 1st Prize for the category «Young Photographers» rewarded by material endowments
- A Public Prize awarded to the picture which has totalized the more votes from the visitors of the exhibition, endowed by the Festival’s partners.
5 categories reserved for photographers over 18:
- The subject can be photographed in close-up or whole, but the photo must transmit an emotion through the pose, look, expression… The topic should occupy most of the image.
Bird in its environment
- The photographs submitted in this category must describe the close relationship between the bird and its natural environment, include it in its familiar landscape, which is the most important part of the picture
Bird in action
- The jury will appreciate dynamism and energy of the photo.
Artistic vision of bird
- The creativity of the photographer, in shooting or post processing, must transform the mundane into a contemplative and artistic interpretation and offer a new perspective on the bird.
Bunch of birds
- Large swarm of birds in flight or on the ground.
15-17 ans year old category:
- A special category is dedicated to young photographers aged 15 to 17 years, with only one theme: Wildbird.
Files shall be submitted in:
- JPEG format
- free of margin, frame or signature
- 3:2 ratio
- with exactly 3,500 pixels on its longest side (the shortest side should be of about 2,333 pixels)
- 2nd december 2018
Also check some other international competitions: