Applications are open for the International Summer School UK 2019. This summer school training program for undergraduate students. This is one of best summer schools in the world. Both UK students or international students can apply for summer school 2019.
John Innes Centre international Undergraduate Summer Program will pay for your lab expenses. You will be working one of the best labs in the world. The duration of this summer internship program uk is 8 weeks and it will start on June 30, 2019 and ends at 23rd August 2019. They also pay for accommodation and there is a weekly payment of £200. They also occasionally help with flight and visa fees, but this is dependent on the circumstances.
The purpose of the training programme is to provide experience of research to undergraduates with research potential, in order to encourage them to consider a career in scientific research.
Students at universities and educational institutions within the UK and abroad are eligible to apply. The range of disciplines includes the Physical Sciences, Earth and Environmental Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Mathematics and the Biological and Biomedical Sciences.
International Summer School UK 2019 Details:
- John Innes Centre international Undergraduate Summer School
- 8 Weeks
- 30 June 2019 to 23 August 2019
The international summer school scholarship in Uk will cover:
- The programme will assist the participating students by way of providing them with a bursary at the rate of £200 British Pound per week. (Convert them into Your Local Currency in order to get an estimate)
- Free accommodation, for a total period of 8 weeks.
- The John Innes Centre/The Sainsbury Laboratory/The Earlham Institute will also contribute bench fees of £500 per student to the host laboratory.
- The financial support results in no National Insurance contribution liability.
You have to pay for your traveling. There are some websites which mentioned it as a fully funded international summer school in UK. Beware of That.
- Students at universities and educational institutions within the UK and abroad are eligible to apply.
- The range of disciplines includes the Physical Sciences, Earth and Environmental Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Mathematics and the Biological and Biomedical Sciences.
- First-year students, final-year undergraduates already committed to a Ph.D. Program, or graduates, will not be considered.
- Students must be registered at a higher education institution for the majority of their degree.
- Selection of applicants will be the sole responsibility of the International Undergraduate Summer School IUSS committee.
- Applications will be judged primarily on the academic ability and track record of applicants.
- Preference will be given to Students who are expected to achieve a 1st or 2.1 degree (or equivalent outside the UK) in their final examinations and who are considering careers in research.
- The programme is of 8 weeks’ duration during the months of July and August.
How to Apply for International Summer School 2019 in Uk?
The application must be made by the applicant in person. However, if they wish to do so, applicants are welcome to discuss potential projects with Project Leaders at JIC/TSL/EI in advance of their application. Details of Project Leaders who are offering positions in their laboratories may be found on the web site.
The application form includes space for a personal statement, a brief curriculum vitae and a statement of choice of preferred research topic.
A supporting statement is also required from the student’s academic tutor.
Applications must be made using the application form for 2019.
Also check some other International Summer Programs:
- Fully Funded ETH Internship 2019 in Siwtzerlan
- 2019 Hansen Summer Institute [Fully Funded] USA
- SUSI 2019 [Fully Funded] Exchange Program to the United States of America
- Full Funded Young Leaders Access Program in USA
- The application deadline for the International Summer School UK 2019 is 18th January 2019.