Call for applications for International Summer School 2019. The 2019 summer school in Georgia will take place from 30 June to 6 July 2019. The summer program by ICMPD will select 75 students migration studies, journalism/ media studies, international law/ migration law, economy, demography, history and/ or social and political sciences can take part in the summer school. Young professionals working on migration issues are strongly encouraged to apply as well.
The “International Summer School on Migration” is organised within the framework of three EU-funded projects, namely, the “Support to Implementation of the Mobility Partnership with Azerbaijan” (MOBILAZE) project, the “Sustaining Migration Management in Georgia” (ENIGMMA 2) project and the “Prague Process: Dialogue, Analyses and Training in Action” (PP DATA) initiative – Strand C of the Mobility Partnership Facility II project. All projects are being implemented by the International Centre for Migration Policy Development (ICMPD). The Summer School takes place in Georgia from 30 June to 6 July 2019.
International academic experts from the Migration Observatory at the University of Oxford, University of Sussex, the Sorbonne University School of Economics, the Danube University Krems, VU Amsterdam, University Leiden and the Maastricht University Graduate School of Governance and ICMPD will lecture and mentor the students. The one-week summer school will provide multidisciplinary and innovative academic and research-oriented lectures, seminars and projects on issues related to migration situations and migration policies in the EU, its Eastern neighborhood and worldwide. Teaching will be accompanied by research, practical exercises and interactive discussions.
International Summer School 2019 Details:
- International Center for Migration Policy Development
Summer School Duration:
- One Week
Summer School Dates:
- 30 June to 6 July 2019
Best Summer Programs 2019, Check out these too:
- United States Summer Exchange Program 2019 – Fully Funded
- Travel Writing Scholarship to Portugal [ 14 Days Fully Funded Trip]
- Tsinghua International Summer School 2019 in China
- United States Summer Internship 2019
The fully funded summer school scholarship will cover:
- All students will receive board and lodge free of charge, travel costs will be organized and covered by the projects. The Summer School is free of charge for the participants.
- All logistical and administrative issues such as flight and hotel booking, transport, etc. will be organized by the ICMPD summer school team.
- Citizens from the following countries are eligible to apply: Armenia, Albania, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kosovo*, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Montenegro, Republic of North Macedonia, Russia, Serbia, Tajikistan, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, and Uzbekistan.
- Students from migration studies, journalism/ media studies, international law/ migration law, economy, demography, history and/ or social and political sciences can take part in the summer school.
- Young professionals working on migration issues are strongly encouraged to apply as well
How to Apply for International Summer School 2019 in Georgia?
Click on the APPLY NOW button below to download the 2019 summer school application form.
Documents to be submitted when applying for the Summer School (all in English):
- Filled-out application form
- CV (Europass format)
- English language certificate (optional, if available)
- Recommendation letter from university or workplace
Fill all the required field and Please submit the filled-out application together with accompanying documents to email@example.com.
- The deadline for applications is 31 March 2019.
The Summer School selection procedure will take place until 30 April 2019. Only selected candidates will be contacted.