Call for applications for International Media Training Camp 2019 in Turkey. The international youth camp is a fully-funded international exchange program for the citizen of an OIC Member State or representative of a Muslim community in a non-OIC Member State. Islamic Cooperation Youth Forum (ICYF) in partnership with the Ministry of Youth and Sports of the Republic of Turkey and Anadolu Agency (AA) will organize the second edition of “Certificated International Media Training Youth Camp”. It will take place from 15 – 21 September 2019 for young men and 23 – 29 September 2019 for young women, in SAMSUN Turkey.
The Islamic Cooperation Youth Forum (ICYF), in partnership with the Ministry of Youth and Sports of the Republic of Turkey and Anadolu Agency, will organize an international youth media camp which will expose youth from the OIC Member States to learning about journalism, and current media global issues.
ICYF envisions empowered youth across the OIC region actualizing their full potential for the sustainable development of their communities, nations, and the world, driven by the Islamic values of cooperation, excellence, and unity.
ICYF builds the capacity of OIC youth through strategies, policy frameworks, programs and projects furthering civic engagement, holistic education, capacity-building and best practices addressing the critical problems of unemployment, health and wellness, limited opportunities, extremism and social exclusion while building their capabilities of intellectual and leadership development, scientific and technological innovation, entrepreneurship, media and communication informed by a shared Islamic heritage, culture, and universal values.
International Media Training Camp 2019 Details:
- One Week
- Males: September 15– 21, 2019
- Females: September 22 – 29, 2019
Interested in fully-funded international opportunities 2019? Apply Now!
- Asia Europe Meeting in Spain 2019 by the Asia Europe Foundation
- Harvard University Summer Program 2019 in Dubai
Objectives of ICYF MEDIA TRAINING CAMP Turkey:
- Enhancing youth media capacity and participation.
- Explore the interconnections between media and societal (in)tolerance, especially with regards to immigrants and refugees.
- Identify possible media work directions and strategies reflecting participants’ social realities.
- Understand and evaluate the reliability of journalistic craft (e.g. non-biased reporting, usage of proper sources).
- Explore youth media participation in culturally diverse societies.
- Strengthen youth connection to heritage, language, culture, and identity through media
The international youth training camp in turkey is fully funded. It includes:
- Round trip travel expenses from his/her country of residence to the camp venue in Samsun will be covered. Also participants’ visa, medical and travel insurance.
Accommodation and Further Costs:
- Host organizers will cover domestic transportation, accommodation, food and other relevant costs related to local hospitality.
- Citizen of an OIC Member State or representative of a Muslim community in a non-OIC Member State. Check 57 OIC Member States,
- Ability to communicate in English
- Age between 18–35
- Media background (study, work experience or interest)
- Involved in/or have coordinated media related project
- Active in the service and development of the community
- A leader with impact in his/her local community
- Commitment to attending the full course of the media camp
How to Apply for International Youth Training Program in Turkey?
Click on the APPLY NOW button below to proceed to the online application. An application form is very simple and easy to fill. Don’t wait till the last date, apply as soon as possible.
- The last date to apply for the Youth Camp Turkey 2019 is 20th August 2019.
Deadline is tomorrow