Call for applications for fully funded International Conference on Family Planning in Africa 2018. Young people’s beliefs and decisions about family planning are critical to their sexual and reproductive health and rights. Too often, young people face obstacles that limit their access to modern contraceptive methods of their choice. Structural, financial, political and educational barriers are but a few of the factors involved in preventing youth from exercising their right to family planning.
The organizers of the 2018 ICFP are seeking youth leaders aged 18 to 25 years old to be keynote speakers, media makers and moderators for sessions at the conference. Young people who are selected will have conference registration and travel costs covered, and will play an essential role in providing a youth perspective and voice to the program.
- 2.5 Days
- The ICFP Youth Pre-Conference will take place for 2.5 days on 10, 11 and 12 November 2018. The pre-conference will start at 08:30 on 10 November (check-in begins at 07:30) and end just before the ICFP opening session on 12 November
Also Visit: 3rd ASEF Young Leaders Summit in Belgium – Fully Funded
- Successful candidates will receive a full sponsorship – all expenses paid. This includes travel to attend the youth pre-conference and main conference, accommodations, and a stipend.
- In order to enter the youth video contest, you must be between the ages of 18 and 25 on or before 1 November 2018 (born between 1 November 1993 and 1 November 2000). Youth from all countries can apply. You can only enter the contest once.
Please visit the youth webpage on the ICFP 2018 website for more information:
How to Apply:
Application must be submitted online. Please read FAQs and guidelines before starting application.
Submissions will be evaluated according to the following criteria:
- Clarity of family planning message
- Ability to speak eloquently and convey a message to an audience
- Background and reference
- Interest and ability to learn and contribute to the conference
- The deadline for fully funded International Conference on Family Planning in Africa 2018 is 21 May 2018.