The International Finance Corporation of World Bank Group is now accepting applications for IFC Paid MBA Internship 2019. The IFC internship is a paid internship program. The duration of the World Bank Internships is 4 to 10 weeks. The Paid MBA Internship will be held between May and September.
Washington, DC or directly in one of IFC’s country or regional offices. IFC’s summer internships are paid positions. They receive about 1500 applications each year, from which 30-40 candidates are selected.
Following a thorough evaluation process at the conclusion of the internship, successful interns are encouraged to apply for the IFC Young Professionals Program to work as an Associate Investment Officer position, or any other full-time opportunity available after graduation.
As a Summer Intern, you will be assigned to an industry, regional or service department within IFC. Assignments cover various areas of work throughout the value chain, including business development, investment proposal review, financial modeling and analysis, advisory services strategy, and portfolio management.
- IFC, World Bank Group
- Washington, DC or in one of IFC’s country or regional offices
- The duration of the World Bank Summer Internship is 4-10 Weeks
- Between May to September
- Summer Interns are assigned to an industry, regional or service department within IFC. Assignments cover various areas of work, such as sector-specific business development, investment proposal review, financial modeling and analysis, advisory services strategy, and ex-post investment project evaluation.
- The assignment depends on the needs of the department and the particular fit for the candidate. Departments hire directly by contacting short-listed candidates.
Also Check some other international summer internships:
- Fully Funded International Internships in Switzerland
- 2019 Summer Internships in Japan
- CERN Openlab Summer Program – Fully Funded
- Candidates must be in the first or second-to-last year of an MBA or similar graduate program. Specific selection criteria include:
For investment positions, work experience (3-6 years) in international finance, which could include corporate finance, investment banking, financial consulting, private equity, credit analysis, or commercial banking
- Knowledge of sectors relevant to IFC and emerging markets experience preferred
- Strong analytical, communication and negotiation skills
- Business development and client relationship skills
- Enthusiasm for working in multicultural teams and across borders
- Fluency in English; proficiency in one or more of Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian and Spanish strongly preferred
- Commitment to sustainable private sector development
How to Apply for IFC Paid MBA Internship 2019?
Click on the Apply Now button below to proceed to IFC Summer MBA Internship Program application form.
- You must fill in ALL sections or your application will not be considered.
- We require you to provide a brief cover letter summarizing your qualifications and motivation to work at the World Bank Group.
- You may save and return to complete your application at any time.
The last date to apply for IFC Paid MBA Internship 2019 is January 15, 2019. The short-list is created by the IFC HR Programs Team and shared IFC wide to hiring Managers by mid-to late February. Managers are then free to hire from that list. Those students hired from that list will be considered IFC Summer interns specifically for this program. Applicants can apply using the IFC Career Compass site or click the link below.