Applications are now open for the ICIQ Summer Internship Programme 2019 in Spain. The fully funded international internship in Spain will be held during the months of July, August, and September. All the selected students will be spending a three-month paid internship in one of ICIQ’s research groups. There is no need for IELTS/TOEFL for ICIQ internship application process.
Every year, the ICIQ Summer Fellowship Programme offers 10 fellowships to national and international undergraduate students to give them the opportunity to learn, work and live in an exciting environment of cutting-edge research in chemistry. All the expenses of 2019 summer fellowships in Spain will be covered by ICIQ.
This is one of the best summer internship programs in the world. It is a great opportunity for undergraduates to have an insight into the institute’s research activities and to conduct research in an international scientific environment. Moreover, summer fellows are in an optimal situation to carry out Master studies at ICIQ and then apply for a future Ph.D. position in our institute.
The undergraduates, mentored and supervised by a Ph.D. student or a postdoctoral researcher, carry out research projects with scientists at the forefront of their fields in addition to receiving training. During their stay, students have access to ICIQ seminars and dedicated courses, and by the end of their internship, they are required to present a short report and presentation of the work and results obtained.
ICIQ Summer Internship Programme 2019 Details:
- Institute of Chemical Research of Catalonia, ICIQ is a dynamic and innovative research institution in Spain. The Institute is one of the world’s top-level centers for chemical research.
- 3-Months (July, August, and September)
ICIQ Summer Internship Research Projects:
Dr. Marcos G. Suero
- New metal-catalysed carbyne transfer reactions.
Dr. Mónica Pérez-Temprano
- Synergistic cooperation between mechanistic investigations and catalysis: Towards Rational Design.
Prof. Emilio Palomares
- Nano- and micro- semiconductor materials for energy conversion devices.
Prof. Feliu Maseras
- Computational study of reductive coupling.
Prof. Ruben Martin
- Metal-catalyzed functionalization of chemical feedstocks as a means to build up molecular complexity.
Prof. Núria López
- Modeling scaffolds for single atom catalysis.
Prof. Julio Lloret-Fillol
- Visible‐Light Photocatalytic Synthetically Useful Transformation of Alkylchlorides.
Prof. Antoni Llobet
- Molecular redox catalysis for artificial photosynthesis.
Prof. José Ramón Galán-Mascarós
- Photoelectrocatalytic devices for the production of solar fuels from water and carbon dioxide as feedstock.
Prof. Antonio M. Echavarren
- New catalyst design for bio-inspired cyclizations.
Prof. Pau Ballester
- Applications of calixpyrrole derivatives to catalysis, sensing, and transport of ions and amino acid through lipid membranes.
- ICIQ Summer Fellows will receive a total stipend of 2,000 € for the period of 3 months. If any of the fellows’ stay is less than 3 months, the student will receive an amount proportional to their time spent at ICIQ.
- Summer Fellows will receive a maximum of 500 € (upon presentation of receipts) for travel to and from their place of origin.
- ICIQ will provide medical insurance in the event of accident or illness during the internship.
- Students from any part of the world can apply
- The ICIQ Summer Fellowships programme is addressed to undergraduate students with a background in Chemistry or related studies.
- Interested candidates should be preferably in the last year (or having accomplished 180 credits) of their undergraduate studies.
- Only Undergraduate Students of 3rd & 4th Year Can Apply.
Interested candidates will be required to fill out the application form and submit the following documents:
- Letter of motivation: Please express your interest in joining ICIQ this Summer and let us know whether or not you would like to pursue Master studies at ICIQ after your internship. Please indicate also your availability of dates to start and finish your Summer stage at ICIQ. Here is the Sample of Erasmus Motivation letter. This will help you in how to write a motivation letter?
- Academic record
How to Apply for ICIQ Summer Internship Programme 2019 in Spain?
Please fill out the online application form and submit the documents required.
- Applications will be reviewed and evaluated by an internal committee. By the middle of May, we will contact all candidates to let them know whether they have been awarded one of ICIQ’s Summer Fellowships. After acceptance by all successful candidates, a final list of the awardees will be available in ICIQ’s website.
- The Last Date to submit an online application for the ICIQ International Summer Internship in Spain 2019 is 3rd May 2019.
Deadline is May 3, 2019