ICFJ’s Global Climate Reporting Program aims to increase coverage of the potential impacts of extreme weather and climate-related effects on society by improving journalists’ knowledge and capacity. Participants will learn from global experts about how extreme weather and climate affect human health and safety and natural ecosystems, and produce stories on these critical topics.
The program will bring up to 16 international journalists to San Francisco on September 10-15 to participate in the 2018 Global Climate Action Summit alongside top experts in the fields of climate, sustainability and inclusive economic growth. They will have access to the full conference as well as breakout sessions with experts and a workshop with experienced climate journalists.
Global Climate Reporting Program Details:
- United States of America
- United Nations Foundation
- San Francisco
- 3 days
- 12 September,2018 to 14 September,2018
- This is a fully funded program. Airfare, lodging and meals during the program will be covered by the organizers.
- Participants will travel to San Francisco in September to attend the2018 Global Climate Action Summit, with the support of the United Nations Foundation.
- Journalists will participate in the Summit and cover stories around climate and sustainability issues. Ahead of the program, ICFJ will organize a virtual orientation to prepare participants to cover the conference and to help develop their story ideas.
- Participants will also learn data and storytelling strategies to improve their coverage of critical climate-related issues and their effects on communities.
- The ideal candidate is a professional journalist with experience covering climate issues.
- The program is open to journalists from all countries. Journalists from India, China, Brazil, South Africa, Germany, France, Poland, Japan, Mexico and Australia are especially encouraged to apply.
Also, Visit and Apply for the following opportunities: Good Luck!
- Google Software Paid Internship, United States
- TED Fellowship Program (Fully Funded)
- 69th Lindau Nobel Laureate Meetings [Fully Funded] in Germany by Higher Education Commission (HEC)
- CERN Switzerland Fellowship Program (Fully Funded)
- Morocco Government Scholarship by HEC (Fully Funded)
- HEC Scholarships for FATA & Balochistan Students (Fully Funded)
- National Endowment Scholarship Program for FA/FSC students
- 2019 KAIST Camp [Fully Funded] in South Korea
- Fully Funded Acumen Fellowship Program for Emerging Leaders
How to Apply:
To apply, please submit an application, including two story ideas you would like to cover out of the Global Climate Action Summit.
- 19th August,2018