Call for applications for the Hungary Government Scholarship 2020-2021. The Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Programme was launched in 2013 by the Hungarian Government. The core mission of the program is to increase the number of foreign students in Hungary and to encourage Hungarian higher education institutions to attract top foreign students.
The Stipendium Hungaricum is a fully-funded scholarship for international students to study a wide variety of bachelor’s, master’s, one-tier master’s, non-degree and doctoral programs at 31 Hungarian higher education institutions.
The Hungary Scholarships 2020-2021 are just like the Chinese Government Scholarship, US Fulbright scholarship, Korean Government Scholarship Program (Global Korea Scholarship), Turkiye Burslari Scholarship, Australian Awards, Swedish Institute Scholarships in Sweden, or MEXT Scholarship Japan. It covers all of your expenses and applicants don’t need to pay for anything.
Hungary Government Scholarship 2020-2021 Details:
- Stipendium Hungaricum
- Click here to find the eligible host institutions and details of their study programmes
- Bachelor’s Degree Programs
- Master’s Degree Program
- One-tier master programmes
- Doctoral programmes
- Non-degree programmes
- Preparatory course in the Hungarian language
- Specialization courses
Check Best Fully Funded Scholarships for International Students
- Bachelor’s Scholarships: 2-4 Years
- Master’s Scholarships: 1.5-2 Years
- One-tier master: 5-6 Years
- Doctoral Scholarships: 4 Years
- Non-degree Programs: 1 Year
Check Cardiff University Scholarships in the UK
Courses/Fields of Study:
Lists of eligible study programmes determined in the educational cooperation agreements in effect between Hungary and the specific Sending Partner
- Tuition-free education
- Exemption from the payment of tuition fee
- Monthly stipend
- Monthly amount of HUF 43,700 (cca EUR 130) contribution to the living expenses in Hungary, for 12 months a year, until the completion of studies
- Doctoral level: according to the current Hungarian legislation, the monthly amount of scholarship is HUF 140 000 (cca EUR 450) for the first phase of education (4 semesters) and HUF 180 000 (cca EUR 580) for the second phase (4 semesters) – for 12 months a year, until completion of studies. Please see details in section 1.2.1.
- Accommodation contribution
- Free dormitory place or a contribution of HUF 40 000/month to accommodation costs for the whole duration of the scholarship period
- Please note that if the student does not live in the dormitory, then the HUF 40 000/month is a contribution to that rental costs, and in bigger cities – especially in the capital city – this contribution would not cover the full amount of rental costs.
- Medical insurance
- health care services according to the relevant Hungarian legislation (Act No. 80 of 1997, national health insurance card) and supplementary medical insurance for up to HUF 65 000 (cca EUR 205) a year/person
Check Harvard University MBA Scholarships 2021 in the USA
Eligible Sending Partners:
The Hungary Government Scholarship is based on effective bilateral educational cooperation agreements between the Ministry of Human Capacities of Hungary and the partner’s Ministry responsible for higher education. Applications will be considered eligible if the applicant is nominated by the responsible authorities of the Sending Partner.
In Pakistan, the sending partner is the Higher Education Commission of Pakistan
For full-time programmes, students can apply from the following Sending Partners: Arab Republic of Egypt, Argentine Republic, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia, Federal Republic of Nigeria, Federative Republic of Brazil, Georgia, Islamic Republic of Iran*, Islamic Republic of Pakistan, Japan, Kingdom of Cambodia, Kingdom of Morocco, Kingdom of Thailand*, Kurdistan Regional Government/Iraq, Kyrgyz Republic*, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Lebanese Republic, Macedonia, Malaysia, Mongolia*, Montenegro, Pacific Alliance (member states: Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Peru), Palestine*, People’s Democratic Republic of Algeria, People’s Republic of Bangladesh, People’s Republic of China (including the Hudec scholarships), Republic of Albania*, Republic of Angola, Republic of Azerbaijan, Republic of Belarus, Republic of Cabo Verde, Republic of Colombia, Republic of Cuba, Republic of Ecuador, Republic of Ghana*, Republic of India, Republic of Indonesia*, Republic of Iraq, Republic of Kazakhstan*, Republic of Kenya, Republic of Korea, Republic of Kosovo, Republic of Moldova, Republic of Paraguay, Republic of Serbia, Republic of Singapore, Republic of South Africa, Republic of the Sudan, Republic of the Philippines, Republic of the Union of Myanmar, Republic of Turkey, Republic of Uzbekistan, Republic of Yemen, Russian Federation*, Socialist Republic of Vietnam*, State of Eritrea, State of Israel, State of Kuwait, Syrian Arab Republic, The Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan*, Tunisian Republic, Turkmenistan*, Ukraine*, United Mexican States, United Republic of Tanzania.
For partial (exchange) study programmes, students can apply from the following Sending Partners: Federative Republic of Brazil, Japan, Kingdom of Cambodia, Lebanese Republic, Mongolia*, People’s Republic of China (only Hudec applicants), Republic of Albania*, Republic of Belarus*, Republic of India, Republic of Korea, Republic of Turkey, Socialist Republic of Vietnam*, Russian Federation*, Syrian Arab Republic, United Mexican States.
- Hungary Scholarship Online Application Form
- Motivation Letter:
- Minimum 1 page, typed with Times New Roman 12 point font size letters
- Proof of language proficiency and their translations in the language of the selected study programme or in Hungarian
- Scanned copy of the original proof of language proficiency, with a minimum level determined by the Host Institution AND their translations
- In case the student has completed his/her previous level of studies in the language of the selected study programme, a proof can be uploaded about the fact that the language of education was the same as the language of the study programme that the applicant is now applying for.
- School certificates and their translations in the language of the selected study programme or in Hungarian
- Bachelor level full-time programs: scanned copy of the original secondary school graduation certificate or equivalent AND their translations
- Master-level full-time programs: scanned copy of the original bachelor degree certificate or equivalent AND their translations
- One-tier master level full-time programs: scanned copy of the original secondary school graduation certificate or equivalent AND their translations
- Doctoral level: scanned copy of the original master degree certificate or equivalent AND their translations
- Non-Degree, Hungarian language preparatory programmes: scanned copy of the secondary school graduation certificate AND their translations
- Non-degree, specialisation programmes: scanned copy of degree certificate required by the host institution AND their translations
- Partial (exchange) study programmes on all study levels: scanned copy of the original certificate about student status issued by the current higher education institution where the applicants is registered in AND their translations
- Translations only have to be attached if the copy of the original document is not in the language of the selected study programme or in English
- Transcript of Records and its translations in the language of the selected study programme or in Hungarian
- Copy of the original transcript of records regarding all academic semesters or school years completed during previous studies (in the highest level of education that the student have participated in) AND their translations
- Translations only have to be attached if the copy of the original document is not in the language of the selected study programme or in Hungarian
- Medical Certificate
- Scanned copy of a medical certificate of satisfactory health condition issued not earlier than 15 November 2018
- Certificates has to be issued and signed by a physician to prove that the applicant does not have the following illnesses: AIDS, Hepatitis A, B, C or any other epidemic conditions
- Please note that despite the applicants need to upload this document, the Host Institutions might require the student to take a medical test at the time of enrolment (free of charge for the Scholarship Holders)
- Copy of Identification Document
- Provided that the applicant already has a passport, the scan of the passport should be uploaded
- In case the applicants do not yet have a passport, the applicant should upload the scanned copy of any document which may be used to prove the applicant’s identity (e.g. national ID card)
- Acceptance of Statement for Application in the online system
- all applicants need to accept the “Statement for Application”
- The statement can only be accepted in the online system, therefore scanned and signed copies should not be uploaded
- the statement appears in the online application system after registration – all applicants need to click on accepting it in order to be able to submit their application
All documents that cannot be obtained or produced in the language of the selected study programme or in Hungarian have to be translated and the translations have to be submitted as well as the copy of the original document.
Additional Documents for Doctoral Level:
- Research Plan
- Minimum 2 pages, typed with Times New Roman 12 point font size letters, written in the language of the selected study programme
- Letters of Recommendation
- Two signed Letters of Recommendation from the applicant’s former or current academic tutors or supervisors
- The two letters cannot be issued by the same person
- Written in the language of the selected study program or in Hungarian
How to Apply for Hungary Scholarships 2020?
How to Apply for Stipendium Hangaricum Scholarship 2020?
- The deadline of the Hungary Government Scholarship varies from country to country. Please visit the sending partner in your country for more details about the Hungary scholarship application form and deadline.