The wait is over. The HEC Commonwealth Scholarships 2020 in the UK is now open for applications. Commonwealth Scholarships 2020 is one of the best scholarships in the UK. Commonwealth Masters and Ph.D. scholarships are for candidates from low and middle-income Commonwealth countries, for fulltime Masters & Doctoral study (Ph.D.) at a UK University. The is a fully-funded UK Scholarship for Pakistani Students.
The Commonwealth Scholarship Commission in the UK (CSC) provides the main UK government scholarship scheme led by international development objectives. The CSC is an executive non-departmental public body, sponsored by the Department for International Development (DFID).
The CSC operates within the framework of the Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan (CSFP) and is a vivid demonstration of the UK’s enduring commitment to the Commonwealth. By supporting innovators and leaders of the future from across the Commonwealth, and by attracting outstanding talent to Britain’s universities, our work combines sustainable development with the UK national interest.
Stay in touch and keep visiting our Facebook page Scholarships Corner for live sessions about different opportunities.
HEC Commonwealth Scholarships 2020 Details:
- United Kingdom
You might be interested in the following scholarships, Check it now:
- Stanford University Scholarship in the USA
- KAIST University Scholarship 2020 in South Korea
- Singapore Scholarship for International Students – Fully Funded
Fields of Study:
Commonwealth Masters and Ph.D. scholarships are for candidates from low and middle-income Commonwealth countries, for fulltime Masters & Doctoral study (Ph.D.) at a UK University. These scholarships are offered under the following six themes:
- Science and technology for development
- Strengthening health systems and capacity
- Promoting global prosperity
- Strengthening global peace, security, and governance
- Strengthening resilience and response to crises
- Access, inclusion, and opportunity
Scholarship Value of Commonwealth Scholarship:
The Fully Funded international Scholarship in the UK will cover the following:
- Approved airfare from your home country to the UK and return at the end of your award (the CSC will not reimburse the cost of fares for dependants, nor usually the cost of journeys made before your award is finally confirmed).
- Approved tuition fees.
- Stipend (living allowance) at the rate of £1,084 per month or £1,330, for those at universities in London metropolitan area (rates quoted at 2018/2019 levels).
- Warm clothing allowance, where applicable.
- Study travel grants towards the cost of study-related travel within the UK or Overseas.
- Provision towards the cost of fieldwork undertaken overseas (usually the cost of one economy class return airfare to your fieldwork location) was approved.
- Paid mid-term visit (airfare) to your home country (unless you have claimed or (intend to claim) spouse and/or child allowances during your scholarships, or have received a return airfare to your home country for fieldwork).
- Family allowances as follows:
- Spouse allowance of £233 per month if you and your spouse are living together at the same address in the UK (unless your spouse is also in receipt of a scholarship; other conditions also apply) Child allowance of £233 per month for the first child, and £114 per month for the second and third child under the age of 16, if you are accompanied by your spouse and children and they are living with you at the same address in the UK.
- If you are widowed, divorced, or a single parent, child allowance of £465 per month for the first child, and £114 per month for the second and third child under the age of 16, if you are accompanied by your children and they are living with you at the same address in the UK.
The CSC’s family allowances are intended to be only a contribution towards the cost of maintaining your family in the UK. The true costs are likely to be considerably higher, and you must be able to supplement these allowances in order to support any family members who come to the UK with you.
The admission is open under Commonwealth scholarship in the United Kingdom for 2020. Basic eligibility requirements are as follow for HEC Scholarship:
To apply for these scholarships, you must:
- Be a Pakistani/AJ&K nationals & permanent resident of Pakistan/AJ&K
- Be available to start your academic studies in the UK by the start of the UK academic year in September/October 2020
- For Master Scholarship, candidate by the closing date of application must hold a first-class/first division degree complete in all aspects in graduate qualification (16 years degree i.e. MSC/MA/MBA/BS/BBA, etc) in the relevant field of study.
- For Ph.D. scholarship, an applicant must hold a first-class degree in relevant postgraduate qualification (18/17 years MS/MPhil degree) in the relevant field of study by the closing date of applications
- Not have any third division throughout your academic career and maximum of two-second divisions are allowed but the candidate must not have a second division in the terminal/last degree.
- Must apply under one of the themes as mentioned above and on the CSC website and candidate’s field of study must be in line with future development needs of Pakistan.
- NOT be registered for a Ph.D., or an MPhil leading to a Ph.D., or Masters at a UK university before September/October 2019 or candidate not has studied at the same level in the UK before.
- Be unable to afford the study in the United Kingdom without this scholarship
How to Apply for Commonwealth Scholarship Uk?
Apply online at HEC website. After registering and filling your profile, please select “Learning Opportunities Abroad” under “Scholarship and Grant” menu in the left-hand side panel of the online portal. After that apply online to Commonwealth Scholarship through EAS form for Masters & Doctoral studies (Ph.D.) through Electronic Application System (EAS).
All the applications for Masters/Ph.D. without submitting both EAS Application form and online HEC form will not be entertained in any case.
- Save your HEC online application & Commonwealth online application after successful submission to relevant portals.
- Hardcopies of HEC application form (along with relevant academic documents viz. transcripts, equivalence for a foreign degree, statement of purpose, study/research plan, copies of CNIC, Domicile) & submitted Commonwealth scholarship forms may be kept saved. They will be taken from shortlisted candidates only
Do not send your hardcopies of applications at this stage. Deadline for submission of HEC online application is September 30, 2019
- HEC may conduct test/interview or both to shortlist candidates.
- Commonwealth UK does not accept direct applications. All nominations from Pakistan will be routed via HEC.
- HEC endorses equal opportunity, therefore, females are encouraged to apply.
- HEC will shortlist eligible applicants on the basis of selection criteria, highest academic merit, quality of study/research plan, and relevancy of candidate’s selected field with Pakistan’s future development needs and the number of scholarship slots allocated for Pakistani students.
- HEC online portal will be closed after the deadline, therefore, no candidate would be able to apply after the deadline, incomplete applications including HEC and EAS online forms will NOT be accepted. The recommendation of nominating agency i.e. HEC will be final and binding.
- Please note that HEC has facilitation role in the nomination process, as final selection will be made by the donor country. Further, HEC will have no financial liability regarding this scholarship.
- In case of submitting false information at any stage, HEC reserves the rights to cancel and debar for all future scholarships as well as impose the penalty, as decided by HEC.
- It is the sole responsibility of applicants to ensure that they apply to HEC Online system and EAS online application form simultaneously before the deadline of September 30, 2019, as applications submitted after the deadline shall NOT be entertained in any case.
- The last date to apply for HEC Commonwealth Scholarships 2020 is September 30, 2019.
Deadline is September 30, 2019