Finally the wait is over and Higher Education Commission Pakistan announced HEC Commonwealth Scholarships 2019 for Master and PhD. This is a fully funded scholarship for masters and Phd in UK for Pakistani students in almost every field.
The good thing about this scholarship program is that you don’t need IELTS, TOEFL or GRE now. IELTS will only be required from those candidates who got nominated by the selection committee of Commonwealth as well. Once you will selected by the Commonwealth then you have to take admission in United Kingdom UK Universities in September/October 2019 session. You can take admission only in masters or PhD courses.
Commonwealth Scholarships are for candidates from low and middle income Commonwealth countries, for fulltime Masters & doctoral study (PhD) at a UK University. These scholarships are offered under following six themes:
- Science and technology for development
- Strengthening health systems and capacity
- Promoting global prosperity
- Strengthening global peace, security and governance
- Strengthening resilience and response to crises
- Access, inclusion and opportunity
HEC Commonwealth Scholarships 2019 Details
- United Kingdom UK
- Master’s Degree Programmes
- PhD Programmes
- The duration of the scholarship program is valid for One year for Master & Three years for PhD starting from Fall 2019.
The Commonwealth Scholarship will cover:
- Approved airfare from your home country to the UK and return at the end of your award.
Approved tuition fees.
- Stipend (living allowance) at the rate of £1,084 per month, or £1,330 per month for those at universities in the London metropolitan area (rates quoted at 2018-2019 levels)
- Warm clothing allowance, where applicable
- Thesis grant towards the cost of preparing a thesis or dissertation, where applicable
- Study travel grant towards the cost of study-related travel within the UK or overseas
The admission is open under Commonwealth Scholarship in United Kingdom for 2019. Basic eligibility requirements are as follow:
To apply for these scholarships, you must:
- Be a Pakistani/AJ&K national & permanent resident of Pakistan/AJ&K.
- Age must not be more than 30 years for Masters & 35 years for PhD at the time of application
- Be available to start your academic studies in the UK by the start of the UK academic year in September/October 2019
- For Master Scholarship, candidate by closing date of application must hold a first class degree complete in all aspects in graduate qualification (16 years degree i.e. MSC/MA/MBA/BS/BBA etc) in the relevant field of study.
- For PhD Scholarship, candidate by closing date of application must hold a first class degree complete in all aspects in postgraduate qualification (17/18 years MS/MPhil degree) in the relevant field of study.
- Not have any third division throughout your academic career and maximum of two second divisions are allowed but candidate must not have second division in the terminal/ last degree.
- Must apply under one of the themes as mentioned above and on the CSC website and candidate’s field of study must be in line with future development needs of Pakistan.
- NOT be registered for a PhD, or an MPhil leading to a PhD, or Masters at a UK university before September/October 2019 or candidate not have studied at same level in UK before.
- Be financially unable to afford study in the United Kingdom without this scholarship.
Also check some other amazing scholarship opportunities:
- HEC may conduct test/interview or both to shortlist candidates.
- Commonwealth UK does not accept direct applications. All nominations from Pakistan will be routed via HEC.
- HEC endorses equal opportunity; therefore, females are encouraged to apply.
- HEC will shortlist eligible applicants based on selection criteria i.e. highest academic merit, quality of study/research plan, and relevancy of candidate’s selected field with Pakistan’s future development needs, provincial/regional quota and the number of scholarship slots allocated for Pakistani students.
- By-hand applications, incomplete applications or applications received after the deadline will NOT be accepted. The recommendation of nominating agency i.e. HEC will be final and binding.
- Please note that HEC has facilitation role in the nomination process, a final selection will be made by the donor country. Further, HEC will have no financial liability regarding this scholarship.
- In case of submitting false information at any stage, HEC reserves the rights to cancel and debar for all future scholarships as well as impose a penalty, as decided by HEC.
- It is the sole responsibility of applicants to ensure that they apply to HEC Online system and EAS Online application form simultaneously before the deadline of 12th December 2018, as applications submitted after the deadline shall NOT be entertained in any case
The application deadline for HEC Commonwealth Scholarship 2019 is 12th December 2018.
Deadline is today