Harvard University is now accepting applications for Harvard Fellowship Program 2018-2020 in USA. The duration of the Harvard fellowship is 2 years and all the expenses of the selected candidates will be covered by the Harvard University Center for the Environment. The fellows of the Harvard University fellowship will join a group of remarkable scholars who will be beginning the second year of their fellowships.
The Harvard Fellowship Program is a fully funded fellowship program in USA. The fellowship will cover a salary of $68,000 per year, health insurance, travel and other expenses related to the program.
The Center organizes a co-curricular program to ensure that the fellows get to know each other and each other’s work. All fellows join in biweekly dinners along with Harvard faculty and a speaker also from amongst the Harvard faculty.
The Harvard University Center for the Environment created the Environmental Fellows program to enable recent doctorate recipients to use and expand Harvard’s extraordinary resources to tackle complex environmental problems. The Environmental Fellows work for two years with Harvard faculty members in any school or department to create new knowledge while also strengthening connections across the University’s academic disciplines.
Harvard Fellowship Program Details:
- United States of America
- Harvard University
- Harvard University Center for the Environment
- 2 Years
No. of Fellowships:
- The Harvard University Center for the Environment expects to award approximately six fellowships for the 2019 cohort.
The fellowship includes:
- A salary of $68,000 per year,
- Employee health insurance eligibility
- and a $2,500 allowance for travel
- Other professional expenses.
The eligibility criteria of HUCE Environmental Fellow is given below:
- Candidates for 2019 Environmental Fellowships should have received their terminal degree between May 2015 and August 2019. (Fellows must have filed their dissertation before starting their appointment in September 2019.)
- Candidates with a doctorate or equivalent in any field are eligible, and they may propose research projects in any discipline. Applicants without a Ph.D. may apply if they have studied in fields where the Ph.D. is not the typical terminal degree. All successful candidates will be able to demonstrate experience performing scholarly research.
- Candidates who received terminal degrees from Harvard, and post-docs currently working at Harvard are eligible for the fellowship provided their research and host arrangements take them in new directions that are significantly distinct from their Ph.D. research and forge new connections within the University. Harvard candidates should not propose to continue to work with the same professors or lab groups with whom they are currently associated. No candidate should propose to work extensively with his or her thesis advisor.
- Each candidate must secure a commitment from one or more Harvard faculty members to serve as a mentor and to provide office or lab space for the two-year fellowship.
- Harvard is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer.
- Candidates may have received their degrees at any university in the world. Foreign nationals are eligible for fellowships, though study at Harvard generally requires proficiency in English.
- Successful candidates should be prepared to commit to work at Harvard for the full two years of the fellowship. This fellowship requires residency in the Cambridge area and any fieldwork trip must be scheduled for the summer or January recess.
Also check some other international opportunities:
- Harvard University MBA Scholarship 2019
- AFRIKA KOMMT Fellowship 2019 – 2021 for Future Leaders
- Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Research
- Publication 2
- Publication 3
How to Apply Harvard Fellowship Program 2018-2020 in USA?
Click on the APPLY NOW button below to proceed the Harvard University online application. Please carefully read all the program requirements/eligibility criteria and FAQs. Fill the online application form and attach relevant supporting documents in PDFs.
You will receive an automated email once you have submitted this online form with attachments. The Center will notify applicants individually to confirm receipt of a complete application (online form, letters of reference, and letter of support).
- The last date to apply for Harvard Fellowship Program 2018-2020 in USA is January 16, 2019 at 5 p.m. (EST).