SUSI Exchange Program – Study of the U.S. Institutes (SUSIs)
Study of the U.S. Institutes (SUSIs) for Student Leaders are five- to six-week academic programs for foreign undergraduate students between the ages of 18 and 25 designed to improve their understanding of the United States and to develop their leadership skills. Institutes include a four-week academic residency consisting of interactive classroom activities, discussions, lectures, readings, site visits, and workshops; one week of educational travel to a different region of the United States; leadership skills building activities; community service; and opportunities to interact with their American peers on a college campus.
The eligibility criteria of SUSI Exchange Program is given below:
The eligibility criteria for SUSI Pakistan 2019 is given below:
Students will be evaluated on the following characteristics:
- Candidates applying for this program should:
- be proficient in English;
- be interested in the topic of local, state, and federal public policymaking;
- be between 18 and 25 years of age;
- have at least one semester left of their undergraduate studies, and therefore be committed to return to their home universities following completion of the program;
- demonstrate strong leadership qualities and potential in their university and community activities;
- indicate a serious interest in learning about the United States;
- have a sustained high level of academic achievement, as indicated by grades, awards, and teacher recommendations;
- demonstrate commitment to community and extracurricular university activities;
- have little or no prior study or travel experience in the United States or elsewhere outside of their home country;
- be mature, responsible, independent, confident, open-minded, tolerant, thoughtful, and inquisitive;
- be willing and able to fully participate in an intensive academic program, community service, and educational travel; and,
- be comfortable with campus life, prepared to share living accommodations, and able to make adjustments to cultural and social practices different from those of their home country.
How to Apply:
- Applications are due in November
- Program is managed directly by U.S. Embassy
- Application info is available on the U.S. Embassy’s website.
- For more information please visit Official Website
Tips for Interview:
- Try to answer to the point. Don’t brag or make stories.
- Introduce yourself , tell briefly about your background.
- Answer their questions in a relevant tone.
- Speak fluently and don’t get confused.
- Normal questions asked are:
- How will you contribute to the group?
- Why you should be selected?
- What do u think you will do when u will come back?
- Is this program going to have an impact on your country? How?
- Do u want to study in USA ?
“Marina Khan” She belongs to the city of flowers Peshawar and like her name she is a sea of knowledge hard work and creativity.
Marina is an International Exchange Alumna of SUSI- Study of US Institutes Program for Women’s Leadership which made her a cultural ambassador of US Department of State and Russian Clan Leader for Pakistan.
She is a Chemical Engineer by profession and pursuing her masters degree in Renewable Energy Engineering. She has been involved in social sector for about 5 years. Her life cycle revolves around learn, educate and motivate. Marina recently joined National Youth Association as a Development Director and is working with Code for Pakistan.
Good Luck for SUSI Exchange Program 2019.
Deadline is December 4, 2018