Call for applications for the fully funded Global Undergraduate Exchange Program in United States 2019-2020.
Since 2008, World Learning has provided this opportunity to over 2,200 Global UGRAD students. Participants leave the U.S. with the tools to become leaders in their professions and communities. Global UGRAD alumni go on to receive Fulbright grants, obtain prestigious international internships, and work in business and government in their home countries and regions.
The Global Undergraduate Exchange Program is sponsored by the U.S. Department of State with funding provided by the U.S. Government and administered by World Learning.
- United States of America
- World Learning
- U.S Department of States
- This is a fully funded exchange program. All the cost related to program will be covered by the U.S. Department of States.
To promote mutual understanding between people of the United States and other countries.
- Provide a fulfilling exchange experience to drive academic, cross-cultural, and leadership competencies for students from Global UGRAD countries.
- Enhance students’ academic knowledge and professional skills needed to pursue long-term academic and career goals.
- Cultivate students’ comprehensive and nuanced understanding of the U.S.
- Facilitate opportunities for students to establish social networks with U.S. host institutions and local communities.
- Empower students to engage constructively in the civic life of their local and global communities.
- Albania, Algeria, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Belarus, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Cambodia, China, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Egypt, El Salvador, Ethiopia, Georgia, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Israel, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kosovo, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, Macedonia, Malaysia, Mauritania, Mauritius, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Oman, Panama, Paraguay, Philippines, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Tajikistan, Thailand, Tunisia, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan, Venezuela, Vietnam, West Bank and Gaza, Zimbabwe.
The Global UGRAD Program is open to anyone who is/has:
- Over 18 years old by August 1, 2019
- A citizen of a Global UGRAD participating country, currently residing in that country;
- A full-time, undergraduate student in good standing at any accredited university, public or private, and has at least one semester remaining at their home university at the conclusion of the Global UGRAD program in May 2020;
- A solid command of written and spoken English (English Language training for some finalists is possible);
- Able to begin studies in the U.S. in August 2019 or January 2020 (selected participants may not defer to a later date);
- Committed to service in your community
- Eligible to receive and maintain the U.S. student exchange visa (J-1) required for the program;
- Cleared by a physician to participate in the program;
- Committed to returning to their home country after the completion of the program.
Individuals in the following circumstances are not eligible for the Global UGRAD Program:
- U.S. citizens and permanent residents of the U.S.;
- Individuals currently studying, residing, or working outside of their home country;
- Local employees of the U.S. missions abroad who work for the U.S. Department of State and/or the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID); employees are also ineligible for one year following the termination of employment;
- Immediate family members (i.e. spouses and children) of U.S. Department of State and USAID employees; family members are also ineligible for one year following the termination of employment;
- Current World Learning employees and their immediate family members.
How to Apply for Global Undergraduate Exchange Program 2019?
Fill the online application form. Before Starting your application please carefully read the criteria and application instructions.
Also check some other amazing opportunities:
- Fully Funded Hansen Summer Institute in USA
- TFAS International Summer Exchange Program 2019
- CDLinks Summer School in Italy 2019
- December 31, 2018