The Global Health Corps Fellowship 2019-2020 is now open for applications. Global Health Corps recruits and selects highly qualified applicants with diverse skill sets to work with high-impact organizations in year-long paid positions. During their fellowship year, fellows make a significant and measurable contribution to the placement organization and the target population.
Fellows work in teams of two at each placement organization – one national fellow and one international fellow. Our fellows and alumni represent 40+ nationalities and have diverse backgrounds, experiences, skillsets, and passions. They are architects, designers, web developers, business analysts, teachers, communications specialists, supply chain managers, and more.
They believe the most powerful lever of change in global health is great leadership. GHC is a leadership development organization devoted to recruiting and training the next generation of leaders in global health equity. All of their work is grounded in our core leadership practices.
Global Health Corps Fellowship Details:
- Africa and United States of America
- Global Health Corps
In addition to the intensive leadership development and professional growth that the fellowship offers, the Global Health Corps fellowship includes the following benefits. GHC arranges several logistical details on fellows’ behalf with the expectation that fellows will take ownership of their overall experience. Read on below to learn more about how these items apply to specific placements:
- Monthly living stipend
- Award of $1500 upon successful completion of the fellowship year
- Support in applying for visas and/or work permits, as necessary
- Travel costs covered to and from placement site, GHC training and retreats
- Professional development funds of up to $600
- Open for all Nationals
- Bachelor’s/undergraduate degree
- English fluency
- Global Health Corps only accepts applications from individuals who will be 30 years old or younger on June 30, 2019
- Country placement of fellowship is dependent on citizenship. Applicants who are citizens of Malawi, Rwanda, Uganda, the United States, and Zambia are eligible for placement in their home country or USA. US citizens are eligible for placement in all the above countries. Others are eligible for placement in US only.
How to Apply for Global Health Corps Fellowship 2019-2020?
There are four components of the Global Health Corps fellowship application:
- [REQUIRED] Background Information and Essays: This is where you will fill out your general information, including professional and educational background, as well as four personal essays.
- [REQUIRED] Fellowship Role Selection form: You must apply for at least one fellowship role and may apply for up to three. For each role, you must complete a Role Selection form, including a brief essay about your interest and qualifications for the role.
- [REQUIRED] Reference Information form: You must select one current or former supervisor who will complete the GHC Recommendation Form on your behalf. Once you submit your reference’s information through the Reference Information form, s/he will receive an email directly from GHC with instructions on how to complete and submit the recommendation form. It is your responsibility to ensure your reference submits the GHC Recommendation Form by the deadline of January 23, 2019.
- Skills and Experiences Survey: The Skills and Experiences Survey collects information regarding your professional background and will only be used if we are unable to advance you in the role(s) you selected in your application. In that case, the GHC team may consider you for other roles if an opportunity arises that matches your qualifications.
GHC staff, fellows, and alumni read applications in January and February to select semi-finalists, and conduct interviews in March to select finalists. Partner organizations review all finalists and decide which candidates to interview, then make the final decision.
Applicants will receive status updates:
- Between March 9 – 22, 2019 whether they’ve been invited to a semi-finalist interview. Semi-finalists are interviewed by a GHC fellow, alumni, or staff member for alignment with GHC’s leadership practices.
- Between March 29 – April 12, 2019 whether they’ve been selected as a finalist. Finalist applications are reviewed by placement organizations, who then choose which finalists to interview. Most finalists are interviewed, but not all.
- In late April through early June 2019 on a rolling basis whether they’ve received an offer.
The timeline for finalist interviews differs across roles because of variations at each of our partner organizations. If the review process for any roles extends past early June, we will be in touch with the affected individuals regarding the alternative timeline.
- The last date to apply for Global Health Corps Fellowship 2019-2020 is January 16, 2019.