Call for applications for the fully funded Fully Funded Global Cultural Leadership Programme 2018 – GCLP 2018 in Netherlands.
The GCLP is the main training component of the Cultural Diplomacy Platform. Its main objective is to support young cultural managers emerging on the international scene, and coming from the 10 Strategic Partners of the European Union as well as from EU Member States, in developing and strengthening their cultural leadership skills.
Through its framework, content and methodology, the GCLP specifically aims to improve the skills of cultural managers, as well as develop collaborative peer-to-peer learning and network building. The programme offers a set of learning modules, tools and manuals for practice-based learning, giving participants opportunities to build meaningful collaborations at the global level, and enabling them to develop fresh insights into international cultural collaboration practices.
- European Union
- 7 Days
- From 27 October to 2 November 2018
- As stated in the Call for Participants, all travel (full roundtrip flights and local transports in Athens) and accommodation costs for selected participants will be covered by the Programme.
- Most of the meals will also be covered by the Programme.
- The Programme does not cover the local transport in your own country.
- There is no additional participation fee.
- The preferred age range is 25-39 years old, but outstanding applications from candidates a few (max. 3) years younger or older may also be considered eligible by the jury.
- Eligible candidates are only nationals of (and are working for organisations in) Brazil, Canada, China, Japan, India, Mexico, Russia, the Republic of South Africa, the Republic of South Korea or the USA as well as nationals of (and are working for organisations in) the 28 Member States of the European Union.
- Indeed, they would ideally be looking for candidates working for organisations in their own country, so they can bring the outcomes of the programme back home.
- However, please note that candidates who are permanent residents (for example Green Card holders in the USA) of the countries listed above are also considered eligible.
The professional experience of the candidates is an important criteria for the selection of the final participants. The jury will be looking for candidates who are currently working for a cultural organisation/enterprise/institution, with 3 to 5 years of professional experience already.
In particular, candidates should have professional experience related to:
- work for a cultural civil society organisation (NGO), a cultural enterprise (social or for profitmaking) or a public cultural institution (such as museums, libraries, or music venues that operate on local, regional and national levels),
- have (some) previous experience in international networking and cultural exchange and have relevant working experience in the field of 3 to 5 years,
- are working in a field or position that allows them to act as local/national multipliers of new leadership knowledge and global cultural networking,
- hold a relevant (leading) position in their organisation. Candidates who would not fit these requirements would not be considered as eligible.
For more information, Please read the FAQs.
How to Apply:
Please note that only applications using the online application form will be considered and reviewed by the jury.
- The deadline for GCLP 2018 is June 14, 2018