Applications are invited for the first Gilgit Baltistan GB Fellowship Program 2018.
Gilgit Baltistan is attracting tourists through its rapid advancement in technological and infrastructural developments along with its picturesque and mesmerizing landscapes. It offers a unique blend of cultural and socio-economic opportunities to the participants to influence their cognitive and communication skills. It promotes cross-cultural exchange through facilitating discourse of ideas and vision among indigenous people and fellowship Participants.
- “Pakistan Innovation Summit for Education (PISE)
- All across GB
- 12 Days
- 12 July – 24 July 2018
- For students: 30,000
- For Professionals: 35,000
- Scholarships (02 for students) are available on need basis
Also Visit: Youth Engagement Fellowship at Lahore
The GB Fellowship Program 2018 offers the following benefits:
- Network of change makers from diverse backgrounds
- Access to community development in GB through collaboration with stakeholders
- Local immersion
- Immersive cross-cultural exchange of Art, Music, Sports and Literature.
Benefits for locals:
- Access to diverse skill set and expertise
- Promote entrepreneurship amongst local and fellows
- Promote GB across socio-economic and cultural fronts
- Promote cross-cultural understanding through local immersion
The GB fellowship will have the following mandatory modules:
- Living with the allocated host families
- Travel to different districts of GB
- Participation in community based activities
Living with host families: The participants shall live with host family allocated by the organizing committee of PISE, throughout the fellowship. During this time the participants will be required to contribute actively in the daily routine of the host family and act as productive members of the family.
The participant must not expect to be treated any differently from the rest of the members of the family, and therefore will have to follow the code of conduct of the host family.
Travel to different districts: The participants shall travel with the host family and/or with PISE organizing committee, to different districts of Gilgit Baltistan to experience its splendor and culture, and engage in field immersions.
Participation in community based activities: The participants are expected to take part in the community based activities decided by the organizing committee.
- Open to all nationalities
- Applicants must be 18 and above
- Submission of a completed application form
- Possession of a valid travel document that includes VISA for foreigners and National Identity Card for Pakistanis
- Commitment to the physical and ethical demands of the PISE Fellowship
- Desire and passion to learn about the culture, traditions and lifestyle of Gilgit Baltistan
- Candidates from diverse backgrounds, especially those who have never been to Gilgit Baltistan before, are highly encouraged to apply
- Applicants having Gilgit Baltistan CNIC or residents of Gilgit Baltistan
- Candidates not possessing a valid National Identity Card
Click here for more details about the program.
How to Apply:
You have to apply through online application form.
Application deadline is not mentioned, so apply as soon as possible and Don’t miss this amazing opportunity.