The Generation Unlimited Youth Challenge, a global challenge happening in 16 countries is calling for applications from young people to create solutions for young girls on Menstrual Hygiene Management.
Adolescent girls in Pakistan are often unaware or unprepared for the onset of menstruation. This is mostly due to a culture of silence surrounding women’s reproductive health issues of which menstruation is a part.
Generation Unlimited – is a dynamic partnership that draws on the expertise of young people, representatives from governments, multilateral organizations, the private sector and civil society to inspire urgent investment in education, skills training, and empowerment for the rapidly growing global population of adolescents and young people (10-24) – which will reach 2 billion by 2030.
The contest will engage young people around Pakistan in the design of solutions that have the potential to scale and create significant improvements to empower and promote participation of women through innovative solutions to improve menstrual hygiene management for women and girls in their communities. Keeping in view the principles of Human Centered Design (HCD), the contest will be designed with and for youth and it seeks to engage marginalized youth, recognizing the insight, experience, and talent they can offer.
- Generation Unlimited
Award & Benefits:
- Challenge Winner: 5 Winners will be awarded $1000 each
- Successful applicants will be invited to take part in a Human Centered Design Bootcamp in Islamabad at the end of November. Following the workshops, the five most promising ideas will be selected and awarded up to USD 1,000 in funding and provided with mentoring and implementation support.
- In spring 2019, the most promising projects in each country will be submitted to a global judging process, which will identify five projects, which could have the greatest impact on young people. These projects will receive a further USD 20,000 investment, along with a tailored mentorship programme from Generation Unlimited partners to support them to scale.
- Young people aged 14 to 24 years and who have a new idea or starting to work on a new idea/ project
Candidates will not be accepted if they have already received funding to develop the idea or if they are already a registered company or community organization.
To qualify for the selection round candidates must commit to attending:
- The pre-bootcamp training session (30th November )
- The bootcamp (6th & 7th December)
- If selected for Pakistan seed funding and mentorship, can commit to implementing their idea, which could last until February / March 2019
- If selected for global seed funding, could commit to ongoing implementation
They welcome diversity!
We welcome teams that are gender equal and include diversity of all kinds of identity – gender, sexuality, ethnicity, disability
- Deadline for idea submission is Friday November 16, 2018
Deadline is November 16, 2018