The Faculty of Forestry at the University of British Columbia is giving away the largest single grant (up to $280,000) for a forestry student. The UBC Faculty of Forestry’s Future Forests Fellowship aims to attract and retain world-class doctoral students by supporting students who demonstrate both leadership skills and a high standard of scholarly achievement in graduate studies
UBC have approximately 140 doctoral students in any given year, which is just over half of their total Forestry graduate student population. In addition to being part of the Faculty of Forestry, PhD students are also considered members of one of our three Faculty departments, based on their supervisor’s affiliation.
Host University: University of British Columbia
- Single grant up to $280,000.
- $70,000 CAD annually for up to four years. The fellowship is intended to cover all expenses incurred in
the preparation and conduct of research.
- The fellowship recipient will enrol in our PhD program and conduct research focused in British Columbia in one of the following areas:
- Forest Products Biotechnology
- Forest Genomics
- Climate Change
- Urban Forestry
- Forest Management
- Forested Landscapes
- Salmon Ecology
- Forest Health
- Forests and Indigenous Peoples
- Forests and Human Health
Eligible Regions: Open For All