Call for applications for the fully funded US Scholarship 2019. The Study of the United States Institutes for Student Leaders Programs are sponsored by the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs. SUSI 2019 is a fully-funded intensive scholarship programs whose purpose is to provide groups of undergraduate student leaders with a deeper understanding of the United States, while simultaneously enhancing their leadership skills.
The US Scholarship international/domestic airfare, housing, a living stipend, tuition, books/ incidental allowances, and health insurance coverage. Participants will travel on J-1 visas.
The Entrepreneurship and Economic Development Institute will focus on the development, history, challenges, and successes of entrepreneurial enterprises in the United States and globally including social enterprises, business leadership, and women’s economic empowerment. Participants will discus topics such as trade, investment, financial literacy, banking, microfinance, organizational development and management, innovation, emerging markets and risk analysis, strategic business planning, corporate social responsibility, and minorities in entrepreneurship. Academic sessions will be completmented with hands-on sessions or workshops designed to build skills in the topics mentioned above.
Fully Funded US Scholarship Details:
- United States of America
- Department of States, United States of America
- 4 Weeks
The Fully Funded US Scholarship will cover:
- International/domestic airfare
- A living stipend
- Tuition, books/ incidental allowances
- Health insurance coverage.
Some popular opportunists around the world:
- Hansen Summer Institute 2019 – Full Grant
- 2019 summer Internships in Japan
- IST Austria Internship 2019
- Taiwan Internship 2019
All applicants must:
- be Egyptian citizens, living in Egypt
- be fluent in English and able to demonstrate English proficiency
- be currently enrolled in a full-time undergraduate program
- have completed a minimum of one semester of study and have at least one semester (or equivalent)
- left to complete at their home institution upon completion of the program
- be between 18 and 25 years of age
- demonstrate leadership potential through academic work, community involvement, and extracurricular activities
- have little or no prior study or travel experience in the United States
- be willing and able to fully participate in an intensive academic program, community service, and educational travel
- be comfortable with campus life, prepared to share living accommodations, and able to make adjustments to cultural and social practices different from those of their home country.
- indicate a serious interest in learning about the United States
Individuals in the following circumstances are not eligible for SUSI Students Programs:
- U.S. citizens and permanent residents of the United States, even if they are dual citizens
- Alumni of other US Government funded programs
- Individuals currently studying, residing, or working outside of Egypt
- Local employees of the U.S. missions abroad who work for the U.S. Department of State and/or the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID); employees are also ineligible for one year following the termination of employment
- Immediate family members (i.e. spouses and children) of U.S. Department of State and USAID employees; family members are also ineligible for one year following the termination of employment;
In order for your application to be complete, please make sure you include ALL the following required documents (max 1MB per file, PDF, Word, or JPEG). You will not be able to submit your application if you are missing required documentation.
- Proof of fluency in English by providing a valid score on any reputable exam is required.
- Supplementary form (SUSI Student Nomination Form, click here to download): The nominator can be academic (professor, advisor or teacher), or professional (work/internship supervisor). The form should be type-written in English and signed by hand, scanned and uploaded to the online application
- Copy of official university transcript. Transcripts are the official document from the applicant’s university or school showing the student’s scores, grades etc for previous years of study. Original transcripts will not be returned back to applicants.
- Copy of National ID and/or passport
All essays must be in English and must be written in the applicant’s own words and not contain text taken from the Internet, books, or other sources. Applications containing even one sentence of plagiarized text will be disqualified automatically. For a definition of plagiarism please visit www.plagiarism.org for guidance on how to avoid plagiarism.
How to Apply for Fully Funded US Scholarship 2019?
Click on the APPLY NOW button to proceed to SUSI2019EED online application.
Candidates are also aware that incomplete applications and applications saved but NOT submitted, will NOT be considered for program participation.
- The application for the 2019 academic cycle will be open from November 27 until December 31, 2018. The online system will close promptly at 11:59 p.m. Cairo-time on December 31 and absolutely no late applications will be accepted.