The University of Toronto (U of T, UToronto, or Toronto) is a public research university in Toronto, Ontario, Canada on the grounds that surround Queen’s Park. It was founded by royal charter in 1827 as King’s College, the first institution of higher learning in the colony of Upper Canada.
Host University: University of Toronto
- Undergraduate Programme.
- Scholarships are awarded in any of the subjects offered by the university.
The Lester B. Pearson International Scholarships will cover tuition, books, incidental fees, and full residence support for four years. The scholarship is tenable only at the University of Toronto.
Number of Scholarships:
- Each year approximately 37 students will be named Lester B. Pearson Scholars.
- an international student
- an original and creative thinker
- committed to school and community
- a high achiever in academic and creative pursuits
- enthusiastic about learning and intellectual exploration
- have demonstrated strong leadership skills
- currently, in their final year of secondary school or have graduated no earlier than June 2017
- intending to begin university in the upcoming academic year (students already attending post-secondary studies cannot be considered)
Nationality: International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship program.
How to Apply:
To apply, you’ll need to:
- Receive a nomination from your school.
- Apply to study at the University of Toronto to begin your studies in 2018 and complete your application for admission by the appropriate deadlines.
- Once we’ve received a nomination and you’ve applied to the university, you can complete the online Lester B. Pearson Scholarship application.
Selection Procedure: On the basis of application/eligibility criteria, approximately 37 Lester B. Pearson Scholars at the University of Toronto will be chosen annually. These scholarships are tenable only at the University of Toronto.
- School Nomination deadline: November 30, 2017
- Student Application deadline: January 15, 2018.