Applications are invited for the Fully Funded International PhD scholarships for Pakistani students.
The Govt. of the Punjab has launched “Shahbaz Sharif Merit Scholarship (SSMS)” under which eligible male and female students, as per the eligibility criteria set for this scheme from time to time, will be awarded scholarships for Ph.D level Education at the top ranked universities of the world.
- Govt. of the Punjab
- PhD Programmes
Fields of Study:
PhD Scholarships awarded under SSMS are fully funded and will cover the following costs:
- Tuition fees of the Degree Course
- Boarding and Lodging (as per approved rates)
- Health Insurance
Discipline wise allocation of scholarships
Allocation of the scholarships is as follows:
- 80 % scholarships are reserved for science disciplines
- 20% of scholarships are reserved for Social Sciences/Humanities and Arts.
Geographical distribution of scholarships
Geographical distribution of scholarships is as follows:
- 90% scholarships will be awarded to the students of Punjab.
- 10% scholarships has been allocated for the other federating units of Pakistan.
- Valid PhD admission offer from one of the Top 50 (Subject Wise) Universities of the World (QS ranking) in preferred subject areas (www.peef.org.pk/ssms.html)
- Not less than 60% marks throughout the academic career.
- Declared monthly family income (including self, spouse and parents) is equal to or less than PKR. 200,000/-
- Maximum age of 35 years on 29th March, 2018
- Not availed any foreign scholarship in the past .
- Must take up the scholarship in the year for which it is offered and the scholarship shall not be deferred to the next year.
- All Pakistani nationals, both males and females are eligible to apply.
- Copy of valid admission offer for PhD for fall 2018 intake.
- Attested copy of CNIC.
- Copy of Passport.
- Attested copies of all educational testimonials.
- Copy of Synopsis/ Research Proposal.
- Income affidavit on legal paper (sample attached with application form).
- Copy of last paid utility bills (electricity, gas, phone).
- Attested copy of domicile.
- Copy of previous months’ pay slips (self/parents/guardian if applicable).
- Three passport size photographs (blue background).
- Any other supporting document required to substantiate the facts given in the application form.
How to Apply:
- Secure PhD admission in one of the Top 50 (Subject Wise) Universities of the World (QS ranking) in preferred subject areas (www.peef.org.pk/phdscholarship.asp)
- Download the application form
- Send dully filled application form to PEEF within due date.
- 29th March, 2018