The Global Leaders Fellowship is for incoming graduate students (master’s and doctoral) who have applied to the George Washington University for Fall 2019 admission. (Current GW graduate students are not eligible for this fellowship).
The fellowship is intended for GW graduate students who will be future leaders in their fields in their home countries, returning to their countries of origin to apply skills learned through their formal education at GW
This fellowship is for students who have not studied or worked in the U.S. or other countries aside from their home country.
- United States of America
- George Washington University
- Three Global Leaders Fellowships, which will cover up to 18 credit hours will be awarded for 2019-20 (fees excluded). The grantee is to provide funds from other sources for books, living, and other expenses, and must provide certification of this support.
- A Fellowship is renewable each year for a cumulative maximum of three years for Master’s candidates and up to five years for doctoral candidates. This award is stackable.* A grantee must submit renewal materials for the Fellowship each year; renewal is contingent upon the grantee’s grades (GPA of 3.0 or better). The Fellowship is valid for one degree only. Fellowships apply to the fall and spring semesters. Awards for the summer sessions are by petition only and subject to available funding
Students holding or intending to apply for an F-1 visa (J-1 visa is eligible for Fulbright applicants only. Note that other visa types are not eligible.) and who are from the following countries or regions (chosen based on protocol arrangements and areas of the world underrepresented at GW) are preferred to apply.
- China (PRC)
- Eastern Europe
- Latin America
- The Caribbean
- Sub-Saharan Africa
- U.S.S.R. Successor States
Graduate students (master’s and doctoral) from Foggy Bottom on campus programs in the following schools are eligible:
- Columbian College of Arts and Sciences
- Elliott School of International Affairs
- Graduate School of Education and Human Development
- School of Business (Executive Education program is not eligible)
- School of Engineering and Applied Science
How to Apply for Global Leaders Fellowship 2019?
Applicants must apply via the online submissions portal by the deadline. Instructions on how to apply through the portal can be found on official website.
Also check some other international opportunities:
- Professional Fellows Exchange Program in USA
- Professional Fellows Program (PFP) by Department of States
- 8 February 2019 12:00 PM (NOON) EST