The united States Educational Foundation in Pakistan (USEFP) invites applications from teachers of English at College/University Level for the Fulbright Foreign Language Teaching Assistant Program (FLTA) Program 2019 USA. FLTAS from Pakistan will teach Urdu or Pashto at the selected U.S. campuses during nine-month grant, beginning in Fall 2019.
The Foreign Language Teaching Assistant (FLTA) Program is a nine-month, U.S. Department of State funded, non-degree program that provides young teachers of English an opportunity to refine their teaching skills, increase their English language proficiency and extend their knowledge of the society and culture of the United States, while teaching their native language to U.S. students and strengthening foreign language instruction at U.S. colleges and universities. Fulbright FLTA participants also interact with their host communities in conversation groups, extracurricular activities, and community outreach projects. Fulbright FLTA participants must immediately return to their home countries upon completion of the program.
- United States of America (USA)
- U.S. Department of State
Program Start Date:
- Fall 2019
- All FLTA Fellows receive a monthly stipend, health insurance and travel support. The U.S. host institutions provide tuition awards to support the required course work. Dependents are not allowed, as participants will live in campus dormitories.
- Pakistani national with a valid Pakistani Passport.
- Must be English language teacher at college or university level residing in Pakistan throughout the nomination and selection process.
- Minimum of 16 years of formal education by June 2018.
- Preference will be giving to those English teachers who are early in their careers (one to eight years of experience)
- Person with a dual U.S./Pakistan Nationality, or those having a spouse, parent, fiance or child over 18 years of age who is a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- Employees of the Fulbright Organization, the U.S. Department of State, or USAID and their spouses, children, fiances, siblings, dependents, and parents.
- Alumni of Fulbright, Humphrey or any other USEFP-managed program.
- Person already studying in the U.S. or on a work/resident visa in any country.
- The deadline for Fulbright Foreign Language Teaching Assistant (FLTA) Program is July 11, 2018
Note: Plagiarism or misrepresentation will lead to disqualification at any stage of the program.
Women, people with disabilities and individuals, from FATA, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, AJK, Gilgat-Biltistan, Balochistan, Northern Sindh and Sothern Punjab are highly encouraged to apply.