Apply for one of the best Free Online Course on Solar Energy from Delft University of Technology and discover the power of solar energy and learn how to design a complete photovoltaic system. This is one best online engineering courses.
Free Online Course on Solar Energy:
Course at a Glance:
- Length: 8 weeks of study
- Effort: 5 to 7 hours per week
- Subject: Engineering
- Level: Introductory
- Institution: Delft University of Technology
- Languages: English
- Video Transcripts: English
- Price: Free
- Certificate Available: Yes
- Session: Course Starts on Course Starts onAugust 15, 2018
Delft University of Technology is the largest and oldest technological university in the Netherlands. Our research is inspired by the desire to increase fundamental understanding, as well as by societal challenges. We encourage our students to be independent thinkers so they will become engineers capable of solving complex problems. Our students have chosen Delft University of Technology because of our reputation for quality education and research.
About this Course:
In the third edition of Solar Energy, you will learn to design a complete photovoltaic system. This course introduces the technology that converts solar energy into electricity, heat and solar fuels with a main focus on electricity generation. Photovoltaic (PV) devices are presented as advanced semiconductor devices that deliver electricity directly from sunlight. The emphasis is on understanding the working principle of a solar cell, fabrication of solar cells, PV module construction and the design of a PV system. You will gain a greater understanding of the principles of the photovoltaic conversion— the conversion of light into electricity. This course explores the advantages, limitations and challenges of different solar cell technologies, such as crystalline silicon solar cell technology, thin film solar cell technologies and the latest novel solar cell concepts as studied on lab-scale. We will discuss the specifications of solar modules and demonstrate how to design a complete solar system for any particular application.
Why Take This Course?
This is a free online course on edx. Verified certificate also availble for this couse.
- The various methods of converting solar energy into electricity, heat and solar fuels
- The physical working principles of photovoltaic conversion in solar cells
- How to recognize and describe the various solar cell technologies, their current status and future technological challenges
- How to analyze the performance of solar cells and modules
- How to design a complete photovoltaic system for any particular application on paper
How to Join this course?
- Go to the course website OFFICIAL LINK
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Verified certificates are also available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)