Apply for Communicating Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and Explore what corporate social responsibility is, how it works, and its true impacts. Let’s co-build the responsible enterprise of tomorrow.
COURSE ON Corporate Social Responsibility DETAILS:
Course at a Glance:
- Length: 8 weeks of study
- Effort: 4 to 6 hours per week
- Subject: Business & Management
- Institution: Université catholique de Louvain
- Languages: English
- Level: Intermediate
- Video Transcripts: English
- Price: Free
- Certificate Available: Yes
- Session: Self Paced
Founded in 1425, UCLouvain is one of Europe’s oldest universities. The university attracts more than 30,000 students every year – including 19% of international students from more than 120 countries – from bachelor’s level to doctorate and adult continuing education, in all disciplines. As a university with seven campuses in Wallonia and in Brussels, UCLouvain is ranked first among Belgium’s French-speaking universities (QS World University Ranking).
About this Course:
Driven by global crises in financial, economic, and governance systems, companies all over the world devote massive resources to their corporate social responsibility (CSR). But what is CSR? What does it mean, and what does it involve? Do stakeholders really care, and if they do, how should companies communicate with them? In uncertain modern climates, CSR is a crucial driving force of a (r)evolution in business.
If you are interested in the relationship between business and society, this course is for you! It is especially relevant for industry, public policy, and academic professionals working on CSR, as well as students following a traditional business curriculum who are interested in key value questions. The content is also accessible for consumers who are curious about how to make informed decisions while pursuing their own well-defined, long-term, responsible consumption goals.
This course addresses CSR in two ways:
- As a reflection of corporate self-awareness
- As a source of innovation and a means to deal with heightened competitiveness, demands for sustainable development, and shifts in international governance
By presenting insights from CSR experts, from both academia and practice, this course provides a way for managers, consumers, and citizens to acquire in-depth insights and critical perspectives on companies’ CSR activities and communications. The multi-industry case study structure of this course enables participants to confront the challenges facing today’s managers as they seek to develop and communicate their own CSR initiatives. Dedicated discussion forums also are available for participants to present personalized CSR cases.
To help participants manage and communicate about CSR with various internal and external stakeholders, this course seeks to:
- Support current and future business leaders in their efforts to make responsible leadership, sustainable production, and consumption central to their corporate vision.
- Help citizens to function more effectively as informed watchdogs and responsible consumers.
Why take this Course?
- Understand the multidimensional nature and content of corporate social responsibility
- Adopt a critical perspective on managerial practices related to societal issues
- Stimulate and manage impactful changes in organizations, toward more responsible postures
- Reconcile multiple stakeholders’ interests (and understand the importance of doing so), into a clear, persuasive, smart action and communication plan
- Recognize the risks of CSR washing, as well as the opportunities related to a strong CSR communication strategy
How to Join this Course?
- Go to the course website OFFICIAL LINK & click on the register.
- Enter your email address
- Enter your full name (Your full name will appear on any certificates that you earn.)
- Create a public username for the forums (cannot have spaces)
Note: You cannot change your username once it has been created.
- Create a password
- Select your country
- Agree to the edX Honor code and terms of service
- Select Create your account
- When you find a course that interests you in the course catalog, you can enroll in the course by selecting the Enroll Now button on the course About page.
- Registering for an edX account is completely free! You can also take courses for free, or you can choose to pay a fee and pursue a verified certificate.