1 Million Women To Tech – women’s Summer of Code is a 3-month global program focused on bringing more females into software development. Women can take free online coding courses and work in teams on programming challenges in weekly and monthly hackathons. This way you can win prizes and get introduced to top employers.
- 1 Million Women
- 12 Weeks
- July 14 – October 14, 2018
Also visit: Free Online Courses from Harvard University
If you have a background in Humanities, or Social Science and wish to improve your academic research or if you wish to find a job as a Data Scientist or Machine Learning Engineer in the future:
- Introduction to Python – Week 1
- Python the hard way – Week 2
- Introduction to Natural Language Processing with Python (Week 3) or Introduction to AI with Python (Week 4)
- Weeks 5-12, or however much or little time you have: work on the previous courses for the rest of the summer to make a project of your own with your newly gained skills, and to solidify your learning
If you are into Marketing, Business, or if you wish to find a job as a Web Application or Mobile Application Developer, or what is normally referred to as Software Engineer:
- Build your First App in 7 Days – Week 7
- React.JS – Week 8
- Week 9 – 12, or however much or little time you have: work on the previous courses for the rest of the summer to make a project of your own with your newly gained skills, and to solidify your learning
Note: If you are a total beginner, then they do NOT recommend you take both tracks. If you are experienced, however, then you will likely be able to handle both, provided you have the time.
- They welcome women from any backgrounds – students and industry professionals, those who have coded for decades and those who are curious about trying something new. Anyone who identifies as female or non-binary is welcome; inclusion is their motto.
- If you have a background in Humanities, or Social Science and wish to improve your academic research or if you wish to find a job as a Data Scientist or Machine Learning Engineer, then this is program you are looking for.
- Currently they are gauging interest. they will only hold the Summer of Code if at least 300 people pre-register.
- They will cap the maximum number of participants at 500 so that they can give each of you personalized attention and have meaningful Q&A throughout.
- Courses and hackathons are free, however they request that you make a donation to their women’s educational non-profit. You may give as little or as much as you feel this education is worth to you.
- July 1, 2018 (Pre-Registration Close)