Apply for Free Course on Communicating Effectively from Delft University of Technology and Discover how to gain support from management and motivate your teams by learning how to communicate effectively and strategically. This course is part of a Professional Certificate Program.
Free Course on Communicating Effectively Details:
Course at a Glance:
- Length: 5 weeks
- Effort: 4 to 5 hours per week
- Subject: Business & Management
- Level: Intermediate
- Institution: University of Technology (TU Delft)
- Language: English
- Video Transcripts: English
- Price: Free
- Certificate Available: Yes
- Session: Self-Paced
Delft University of Technology is the largest and oldest technological university in the Netherlands. Our research is inspired by the desire to increase fundamental understanding, as well as by societal challenges. We encourage our students to be independent thinkers so they will become engineers capable of solving complex problems. Our students have chosen Delft University of Technology because of our reputation for quality education and research.
About this Course:
In order to be effective, leaders need a high tolerance of complexity. Beyond this, they need to inform their people and the outside world of their strategies, policies and decisions. Effective leaders are often inspiring communicators – their own high tolerance of complexity helps them reduce this complexity to a concise and powerful message.
Your sensemaking mindset is therefore of critical importance to motivate others to follow and support you. Your ability to inspire and convince is largely dependent on the way you frame your message, and on your skills at playing the game of framing and reframing. You will learn from a large variety of (video) cases and analyse a large number of situations where leaders’ communication and sensemaking skills are tested and probed. This will ensure that you are equipped to build winning coalitions in your own organization.
Why Take this Course?
This is a free online course.Verified certificate also available for this course. This online course is self paced.
- How to derive a concise message from a complex situation
- How to use framing and reframing effectively to achieve your goals
- How to gain support from senior management and your teams
- Develop and apply a sensemaking mindset
- Free online courses from Harvard University
- Free online course on innovation leadership from Georgia Tech.
- Free online course on Public Speaking
- Free online course on Business Communication
- Prepare IELTS For free from University of Queensland
How to Join this Course?
- Go to the course Edx Official website or click on the APPLY NOW button below (If you don’t have an aEdx account, then follow the following steps)
- Enter your email address
- Enter your full name (Your full name will appear on any certificates that you earn.)
- Create a public username for the forums (cannot have spaces)
Note: You cannot change your username once it has been created.
- Create a password
- Select your country
- Agree to the edX Honor code and terms of service
- Select Create your account
- When you find a course that interests you in the course catalog, you can enroll in the course by selecting the Enroll Now button on the course About page.