Florida Institute of Technology Scholarships are available to national and international students. Florida Institute of Technology is one of the best private institutions in the United States of America. It is founded in 1958. A total of 3629 undergraduate students are enrolled in Florida Institute of Technology. Its ranking in the 2018 edition of Best Colleges is National Universities.
Your application for admission and supporting documents (transcripts, SAT or ACT results) for full-time undergraduate study at the Melbourne campus are the only documents required for consideration of the Florida Tech merit scholarships and grants listed below. All Florida Institute of Technology Scholarships and grants are awarded at time of admission. Therefore, be sure your application is complete and includes information regarding participation in any of the following. For additional Federal grant and self-help programs, students must file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) listing Florida Tech as a receiving institution (school code 001469).
Florida Institute of Technology Scholarships and Grants:
These Technology Scholarships are available in the form of academic scholarships, incentive scholarships, athletic scholarships and other grants.
Three academic scholarships are available.
Panther Fund Merit Scholarships:
- ALL on-campus domestic freshmen applicants will automatically be considered for merit based scholarships.
- Merit scholarship awards are based on high school academic performance (weighted GPA and SAT or ACT results) and are determined at the time of admission.
- These scholarships may award up to 50% of tuition per year, regardless of financial need. Merit scholarships require a cumulative GPA of 2.60 or higher for annual renewal.
Panther Fund Merit Scholarships for International Students:
- ALL on-campus international freshmen applicants will automatically be considered for merit based scholarships.
- International merit scholarship awards are based on secondary school academic performance (GPA and SAT or ACT results if available) and are determined at the time of admission.
- These scholarships may award up to $12,500 per year. Merit scholarships require a cumulative GPA of 2.60 or higher for annual renewal.
National Consortium of Specialized STEM Schools (NCSSS) guaranteed Panther Fund Merit Scholarships:
- NCSSS high school graduates, who are admitted and enroll full-time to an on-campus undergraduate program at FIT as a first year student, are guaranteed a Panther Fund 50% tuition scholarship per year.
- Students must meet the minimum merit scholarship requirements and must identify they are attending an NCSSS high school on their admission application.
Also Read: How to Apply for Turkey Scholarships 2018
In addition to merit based scholarship consideration, applicants participating in certain extracurricular programs may be considered for an additional scholarship opportunity of $2,500 per year. If an applicant is a member of one of the following organizations at the time of admission, they may be considered for a $2,500 scholarship in addition to their awarded Panther Fund Merit Scholarship. The incentive scholarship qualifications below are mutually exclusive; you cannot receive more than one $2,500 incentive scholarship. Proof of membership is required and the incentive scholarship is determined at time of admission
FIRST Robotics and VEX Robotics:
- Current members of an official high school FIRST Robotics team or VEX Robotics team will be awarded a $2,500 scholarship per year if they are admitted and enroll full-time.
- Students must meet the minimum merit scholarship requirements, must indicate they are a FIRST Robotics or VEX Robotics participant on their application, and submit a letter from their team adviser verifyingparticipation.
Scouting – Eagle Scout and Girl Scout Gold Award:
- Any new first-year student who has either earned the rank of Eagle Scout or achieved the Girl Scout Gold Award, and is accepted and enrolled as a full-time undergraduate at Florida Tech’s Melbourne Campus will be awarded a $2,500 scholarship per year.
- Students must meet the minimum Panther Fund Scholarship requirements, must indicate they either earned the rank of Eagle Scout or achieved the Girl Scout Gold Award on their application, and submit a copy of their certificate verifying their achievement.
Florida Tech Athletic Scholarships (NCAA Division II) are awarded by individual coaches through the athletics department.
- Florida Tech offers scholarships in men’s baseball, basketball, cross country, football, lacrosse, golf, swimming, tennis, track & field, rowing and soccer and in women’s basketball, cross country, golf, lacrosse, softball, soccer, swimming, tennis, track & field, rowing and volleyball.
- Sons and daughters of Florida Tech alumni, enrolling in a full-time undergraduate program at Florida Tech, are eligible for a $2,500 grant.
- This award is renewable for up to four years.
- This award is given in addition to any merit scholarship earned by the student.
- Parent Florida Tech enrollment information must be listed on your application.
Also Read: Top 40 international Scholarships
Keep it in the Family Grant:
- Sisters and brothers of students who are currently enrolled simultaneously as full-time undergraduates at Florida Tech are eligible for a $2,500 grant.
- This grant is renewable for up to four years.
- This grant is given in addition to any merit scholarship earned by the student.
- Sibling enrollment information must be listed on your application.
- Both students, enrolled at the same time, will receive this grant.
Army ROTC Room & Board Grant:
- In addition to benefits received from a scholarship awarded by ROTC Cadet Command, Army ROTC Scholarship awardees will also receive a university grant that covers the cost of room and board during the term of their ROTC scholarship at Florida Tech.
- These scholarships are available to freshmen and transfer students.