Call for applications for FAO Internship Programme 2019 in Rome, Italy. The duration of the FAO Headquarters Internship Programme is 3 months to 11 months. The FAO United Nations Internship Programme is a learning opportunity aiming to attract talented young women and men who are strongly motivated to share their new perspectives, innovative ideas and latest research experience in FAO’s domains.
The programme provides selected students, enrolled in an undergraduate, graduate or post-graduate degree programme or recent graduates with the opportunity to supplement, their academic knowledge with practical work assignments in a field related to the work of FAO. This will enable them to gain a better understanding of FAO’s mandate and programmes. At the same time, the Programme provides FAO with the assistance of qualified individuals specializing in relevant fields in connection to FAO Strategic Objectives and UN Sustainable Development Goals.
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger. Serving both developed and developing countries, FAO acts as a neutral forum where all nations meet as equals to negotiate arguments and debate policy.
FAO Internship Programme 2019 Detail:
- The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO
- FAO Headquarters, Rome
- The UN International Internship 2019 will run from 3 months to 11 months
- FAO pays a monthly stipend to interns if they are not sponsored by sending universities or other entities.
- Applicants should be enrolled in an undergraduate, graduate degree programme in a bona fide (i.e. listed in the IAU/UNESCO database) educational institution at the time of application or recent graduates;
- Candidates must specialize in a field relevant to the mission and work of FAO;
- Working knowledge of at least one FAO language (Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian or Spanish). Knowledge of a second FAO language will be considered an asset. Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, and LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications;
- Be nationals of FAO Member Nations;
- Candidates should be aged between 21 and 30;
- Candidates should be able to adapt to an international multicultural environment and have good communication skills;
- Candidates with family members (defined as brother, sister, mother or father) employed by FAO under any type of contractual arrangement are not eligible for the Internship Programme;
- Candidates should have appropriate residence or immigration status in the proposed duty station prior to the start of the internship assignment.
- Qualified female applicants and qualified nationals of non- and under-represented member nations, as well as candidates from the global south and Indigenous Peoples, are encouraged to apply.
- Candidates are requested to attach to their application a letter of motivation, the evidence of attendance in a recognized university or copy of their academic qualifications and copies of their language proficiency certificates.
- All applications will be reviewed and only qualified applicants will be directly contacted for interviews by the hiring office.
How to Apply for FAO Internship Programme 2019 in Italy?
To apply, visit the recruitment website Jobs at FAO at FAO and complete your online profile. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only applications received through the recruitment portal will be considered.
Vacancies will be removed from the recruitment portal at 23:59 Central European Time (CET) on the deadline for applications date. We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date.
If you need help or have queries, please contact: Careers@fao.org
- Candidates may be assigned in a field relevant to the mission and work of FAO.
- The last date to apply for FAO Internship in Italy is 31/Aug/2019.