Call for applications for fully funded the Facebook Fellowship Program 2109. This is one of the world prestigious fellowship programs.
The Facebook Fellowship Program are designed to encourage and support promising doctoral students who are engaged in innovative and relevant research in areas related to computer science and engineering.
Applications will be evaluated based on the strength of the student’s research statement, publication record, and recommendation letters.
2019 Facebook Fellowship Details
- 2 years
Fellowship Research Areas:
Applications will be accepted from students with research related to one of the following areas:
- Applied Statistics
- AR/VR Photonics and Optics
- Computational Social Science
- Computer Vision
- Compute Storage and Efficiency
- Distributed Systems
- Economics and Computation
- Hardware and Software Infrastructure for Machine Learning
- Machine Learning
- Natural Language Processing
- Networking and Connectivity
- Programming Languages
- Spoken Language Processing and Audio Classification
- UX/Instagram Well-being
- Research outside the above: relevant work in areas that may not align with the research priorities highlighted
Facebook Fellowship Award Includes:
- Tuition and fees will be paid for the academic year (up to two years/four semesters)
- $37K grant (one-time payment during each academic year)
- Up to $5,000 in conference travel support
- Paid visit to Facebook headquarters to for the annual Fellowship Summit
- Full-time PhD students who are currently involved in on-going research who are enrolled in an accredited university in any country
- Students work must be related to one or more relevant disciplines (see research areas below)
- Students must be enrolled during the academic year(s) the Fellowship is awarded
- First or second year PhD students who fit the criteria of a minority group that is under-represented* in the technology sector have the option of being evaluated for an Emerging Scholar Award.
Applications must include
- 250-word research summary which clearly identifies the area of focus, importance to the field, and applicability to Facebook of the anticipated research during the award (reference the research areas below)
- Resume or CV, with email, phone and mailing address, and applicable coursework noted
- 2 letters of recommendation to be uploaded with your application. Please provide reference email addresses, and one reference must be from an academic advisor (One letter needs to come from your PhD advisor, the other may come from another professor or an industry contact.)
Also for some other amazing fellowship programs:
The Facebook Fellowship application is now open and closes on October 12, 2018 at 11:59 pm PST. Click the button below to apply.