The Facebook AI Research (FAIR) Residency Program is a one-year research training program with Facebook’s AI Research group, intended to give you hands-on understanding of machine learning research.
The Fscebook AI research residency program is designed to develop you for graduate programs in machine learning, or to kickstart a research career in the field. This is a full-time program that can’t be attempted in conjunction with college consider or an all day work.
- Facebook Menlo Park and New York
- One Year
- Learn how to perform research in deep learning and AI.
- Understand prior work and existing literature.
- Work with research mentor(s) to identify problem(s) of interest and develop novel AI techniques.
- Translate ideas into practical code (in frameworks such as PyTorch, Caffe 2).
- Write up research results in the form of an academic paper and submit to a top conference in the relevant area.
- Research experience in machine learning or AI (as established for instance via publications and/or code releases).
- Significant contributions to open-source projects, demonstrating strong math, engineering, statistics, or machine learning skills.
- A strong track record of scholastic excellence
- Bachelors degree in a STEM field such as Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent practical experience.
- Completed coursework in: Linear Algebra, Probability, Calculus, or equivalent.
- Coding experience in a general-purpose programming language, such as Python or C/C++.
- Familiarity with a deep learning platform such as PyTorch, Caffe, Theano, or TensorFlow.
- Ability to communicate complex research in a clear, precise, and actionable manner.
Please include details of: (i) research you have undertaken and publications that resulted; (ii) any Machine Learning competitions you participated in and their outcomes; (iii) details of significant coding experience and links to any open-source repositories. Please try to focus on impact.
- Personal statement:
In a maximum of 2 pages, describe why you wish to participate in the program. Convey your previous experience in AI, interest in research, and long-term plans. We do not require a specific format, but encourage you to value readability (e.g. not go below 10 point fonts and 1 inch margins) and use your best judgment.
- Grade transcript:
Include transcripts for all degrees completed. If applying from a non-US school, please append a conversion of your grades to US GPA equivalent (this tool may be helpful: https://www.foreigncredits.com/resources/gpa-calculator/, although this should not be considered an endorsement).
- January 26, 2018