ETH Zurich supports excellent master students with two scholarship programmes:
The Excellence Scholarship & Opportunity Programme (ESOP) supports students with a scholarship, mentorship and a network of the ETH Foundation. The scholarship covers the full study and living costs during the Master’s degree course.
The Master Scholarship Programme (MSP) contains a partial stipend as well as additional offers by the Department (assistantship or additional scholarship).
- ETH Zurich in Switzerland
- Eligible Masters Degree Programme offered by the University
- Both national and intnernational students can apply
Scholarship amount and duration:
- The Excellence Scholarship consists of a grant covering living and study expenses (CHF 11,000 per semester) as well as a tuition fee waiver. The scholarship begins when the student commences his or her Master’s degree and is awarded for the regular duration of the Master’s programme (three or four semesters). It is awarded independently of the scholarship holder’s financial situation.
- The Master Scholarship consists of a partial stipend for living and study expenses (CHF 6,000 per semester) as well as a tuition fee waiver. The department can additionally provide a scholarship of CHF 1,500 – 3,000 per semester or offer an assistantship from the second semester onwards (with a payment of CHF 600 per month).
- The scholarship programmes are open to excellent students (national and international) wishing to pursue their Master’s degree at ETH Zurich. The prerequisite is a very good result in their Bachelor’ (top 10% of Bachelor’s programme = grade A).
Application documents for ESOP and MSP
- Application form ESOP/MSP (PDF, 270 KB)
- Letter of motivation
- Pre-proposal for your Master’s thesis (see guidelines on how to write a pre-proposal (PDF, 70 KB))
- Two letters of recommendation from professors
- December 15, 2017