Entries are open for the European Youth Award (EYA). The European Youth Award is a pan-European contest to motivate young people, social entrepreneurs, and start-ups to produce digital projects that will have an impact on society. It demonstrates their potential to create innovative solutions with Internet and Mobile technology addressing the goals defined by the Council of Europe and Europe 2020 as well as the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The annual winners event (EYA Festival) is s a unique event combining knowledge – innovation – networking – inspiration – motivation taking place in Graz at the end of November. It is a public event and everybody is welcome to join. Thus, don’t miss the chance and be part of it! The dates for 2018 are November 28 to December 1.
EYA is organized by the International Center for New Media, a Non-Profit Organization based in Salzburg, Austria.
- International Center for New Media
The European Youth Award (EYA) looks for digital projects that have a strong impact on society in one of the 9 EYA categories.
- Fostering Health
- Smart Learning
- Connecting Cultures
- Planet Friendly
- Active Citizenship
- Sustainable Economics
- Managing Life
- Open Innovation
- Future Europe
- Mentoring and know-how
- International reputation and legitmacy
- International network and communication
- Promotion and publicity
At the European Youth Award Festival you will…
- present your innovative project in front of an expert and high-level audience
- receive two profound project checks and further developement suggestions by international and local students
- learn from outstanding speakers, experienced entrepreneurs and opinion-leaders
- exchange and discuss your ideas and visions with young engaged people from all over Europe
- get honored and applauded on an international stage!
People who fulfil the following criteria are eligible to participate in the competition:
- Entrepreneurs, company team, student group or project team
- Creative minds under the age of 33 (born on or after January 1, 1985).
- Living in one of the member states of the European Union, Council of Europe, or Union for the Mediterranean, Belarus or Kosovo.
- Who have produced an outstanding, innovative digital project to improve society (ex. website, app, wearable device, digital installation).
(59 eligible countries: Albania, Algeria, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belgium, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Egypt, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jordan, Kosovo, Latvia, Lebanon, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Mauritania, Republic of Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Morocco, Netherlands, Norway, Palestine, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russian Federation, San Marino, Serbia, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Syria, The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Tunisia, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom)
For more information, Please visit official website.
The evaluation is based on the following criteria:
- Content Creativity
- Creativity of idea & goals: newness and originality of the idea behind the project and the pursued goals.
- Quality and depth of content.
- Innovation of the approach to reach the project’s goals; innovation of implementation.
- Digital Implementation
- Design: aesthetic value of layout and graphics, visual appeal.
- Functionality: usability and structure.
- Interactivity: appropriate interactivity to engage with the target group.
- Social entrepreneurial aspects
- Sustainability: ability to maintain the project over the long term.
- Economic potential: potential for economic development and growth and creation of surplus value.
- Additional Strategic Score:
- Social Impact & solidarity: potential of impact in the target group / society.
- Social value: value for political agenda; efficiency and strategic relevance for goals of the Council of Europe and Europe 2020 and the UN SDGs.
- Deadline is not mentioned on official website. Apply as soon as possible.