European Union Scholarships 2020-21 in Tbilisi, Georgia is now open for applications. The Eastern Partnership European School Programme is delivered by New School in Tbilisi, Georgia, covering a two-year academic course, starting in the academic year 2020-2021. It is the best scholarship program for those students who want to deepen their knowledge about Europe and the European Union.
The fully-funded scholarship program in Europe is funded by the European Union. There is no application fee and All the expenses of the selected candidates will be covered. The scholarship will be awarded the first academic year and will be automatically extended to the second academic year, subject to the students’ successful completion of year 1.
The international scholarship 2020 will support thirty-five of the best performing students from the six countries to obtain a high-quality, internationally-recognized International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma with a focus on European Studies.
European Union Scholarships 2020-21 Details:
- The New School, Tbilisi, Georgia
No. of Scholarships:
Follow us on our Social Media Platforms and Don’t for lastest updates and webinars
What is the Objective of the Scholarship Program?
The Diploma Programme will consist of a two-year course of study based on the International Baccalaureate standard requirements combined with the unique opportunity of a specialized study of Europe and European affairs.
Through the guidance and support of the European Schools-General Secretariat courses in human sciences, languages and literature, arts and history, have been aligned to the European Baccalaureate (EB) studies and complemented by a distinctly European perspective. In their studies, essays and learning activities, pupils will thus have the chance to also reflect on European topics and themes.
Extra-curricular activities will further define the European angle of students’ experience at New School, allowing them to attend conferences and events on European subjects by EU academics and Senior Officials. Possible study visits to the European Institutions aimed at reinforcing students’ knowledge of Europe and its people may be organized.
The IB Diploma Programme will be delivered by New School in Tbilisi, Georgia, an authorized IB School since 2010 and a partner of the European Union.
What does the Scholarship Package Include?
It is a fully-funded scholarship for international students. It covers:
- Tuition fees for two academic years for the European-focused International Baccalaureate Programme at New School located in Tbilisi, Georgia
- Boarding in Tbilisi, Georgia, including meals. Students will be accommodated in boarding facilities. The high quality and safety standards already adopted at New School premises will be maintained
- Round trips between Tbilisi and family residence, during annual school breaks
- Allowance for local transportation, accessible to each student on a personal debit card of the Bank of Georgia
- Study materials and resources needed for students to perform in the program (books, laptops, calculators, and smartphones for the duration of the studies)
- Participation in EU sponsored seminars, conferences, study tours, and other events
- Medical insurance, including dental care
The scholarship does not include:
- Direct transfers of funds or cash to students or students’ families
- Domestic or international travel to/from Tbilisi of students’ family members
- Students’ personal expenses such as clothing, out of campus food or drinks, mobile phones and personal computers other than those provided for the purposes of carrying out the Diploma Programme
Who is eligible to apply?
The competition for the scholarship is based on merit and open at no cost to applicants who meet the requirements.
Eligible applicants must meet all of the following requirements:
1) Be a citizen of Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova or Ukraine and be able to receive an international travel document to go to Georgia
2) Reside in Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova or Ukraine at the time of application
3) Meet the grade/age requirements set for their country, as set out below:
4) Be enrolled in a secondary school in one of the six countries at the time of application
5) Demonstrate a minimum average of 70% of GPA over the previous and current year of secondary school studies
6) Have previously studied English and demonstrate English language ability at the time of registration (B2 Level and higher)
7) Knowledge of another EU language will be considered as an advantage
Note: Students who are required to complete military service in their final grade of school may not be eligible.
How to Apply for European Scholarships 2020?
Selection & Admission Procedure
The selection process will give equal consideration to all eligible applications received.
The selection process consists of the following stages:
- Submission of Applications
- Written tests– during March 2020
- Interviews –during April 2020
A qualified selection panel will conduct the selection process, using objective and transparent scoring methods. The decisions of the Selection Panel will be final and without appeal.
Submission of Applications
Candidates are requested to create an online applicant profile on New School website (www.eapeuropeanschool.eu) to submit their application.
Any late or incomplete application will be disregarded. After the successful submission of their complete file, applicants will receive an automatic acknowledgment email. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to sit the written tests.
Written tests in Mathematics and English
There will be two written tests: a maths test and an English language test. All tests will be conducted in English. The written tests will be conducted in the country of residence of shortlisted candidates.
A minimum level of competence 40% (However, students achieving higher scores will have an advantage over students with a lower percentage during selection).
Students achieving 60% or higher will be allowed to enroll for higher-level courses in Mathematics, Chemistry, and Physics. Mathematics test topics are as follows: Number, Set and Numbers, Algebra, Trigonometry, Geometry, Coordinate Geometry, Statistics and Probability (details are available upon request).
The test is composed of two sections. In the reading test section, students will be asked to read texts and answer given questions, thus demonstrating an understanding of the texts.
In the written section, students will be asked to produce a text (150-250 words) about a real or imaginary event related to culture, health, leisure, science or technology.
To ensure accessibility and equal opportunities for all written tests, requested physical presence will be administered locally, in all six countries, by recognized partner organizations. Testing will be held in all six countries at the same time, during the month of March 2020.
Candidates will be notified of the exact date of the tests and of the location of the testing centers.
Based on the written test results, successful applicants will be invited to the Skype interview – the third and final stage of the selection procedure.
The interview will assess the following elements of a students’ preparedness for the course:
- Openness to new learning experiences and cultures;
- Readiness for boarding life and living in a foreign country or far from home (as applicable);
- Curiosity and motivation;
- Study subjects of interest and courses the candidate would like to enroll in;
- Communication and oral skills, including but not limited to spoken English;
- Social competences and active involvement in after-school activities (sports, clubs, competitions, etc.).
Individual interviews with personnel from New School and other assessors are scheduled to take place in April 2020. During the interviews, the Selection Panel will give high consideration to the motivation of students, their openness to other cultures and interest in European affairs. The list of scholarship recipients for the academic year 2020-2021 will be announced in the second half of May 2020.
The entire application process for the scholarship is free of charge. However, the travel charges to the location where the testing will be organized have to be covered by the applicants and are not reimbursable.
- The deadline for submitting applications is 14 March 2020, at 12:00 Georgia time (noon, UCT+4.00).