Apply for Email Writing Course from the University of Washington. Improve your writing skills. Write effective emails including great subject lines, greetings, and closings. You’ll be more confident as you communicate for business, send messages, expand your network, and search for jobs in English.
This course is designed for people at an intermediate level in English. Some of the vocabularies might be easy for you, but you can probably benefit from the activities. Everyone has a network. The course will help you identify the people that you already know and help you figure out strategies to make your network bigger.
Free Online Course on Email Writing Course Details:
COURSE AT A GLANCE:
- Length: 4 Weeks of Study
- Effort: 3-5 hours per week
- Subject: Language
- Institution: University of Washington
- Language: English
- Level: Introductory
- Price: Free
- Certificate Available: Yes
- Session: Starts July 25
The University of Washington is one of the preeminent public research universities in the world dedicated to preparing leaders of change, promoters of ideas, and creating a culture of collaboration. The UW is ranked number one among public universities nationally that receive federal research and training funds, and since 1975 has been in the top five for public and private universities. The most recent report from China’s Shanghai Jiao Tong University ranked the UW 16th among the world’s top universities (14th nationally), and the Higher Education Evaluation & Accreditation Council of Taiwan, which measures the quality and impact of research endeavors, identified the UW as the top public university in overall ranking worldwide.
About This Course:
Effective writing is an important business skill, especially for networking, and most communication takes place using email.
In this course, you’ll learn important vocabulary and strategies for writing effective emails, starting with the subject line. You’ll learn how to write messages for different audiences and understand when to be formal or direct. You’ll also learn how your choice of words can change the way people view your message. You’ll practice writing emails to follow up with people in your network.
Why Take This Course?
This is a free online course. This MOOC will be offered with Video Transcripts in English.
What You’ll Learn?
- Create and use email messages, including greetings, a body of message, format, and closing
- Use appropriate tone and formality in your emails
- Use email to invite a person in your network to meet with you
- Write follow-up emails
Also, check some other free online courses:
How to Join Email Writing Course?
- Go to the course Edx Official website or click on the APPLY NOW button below
- Enter your email address
- Enter your full name (Your full name will appear on any certificates that you earn.)
- Create a public username for the forums (cannot have spaces)
Note: You cannot change your username once it has been created.
- Create a password
- Select your country
- Agree to the edX Honor code and terms of service
- Select Create your account
- When you find a course that interests you in the course catalog, you can enroll in the course by selecting the Enroll Now button on the course About page.
- Registering for an edX account is completely free! You can also take courses for free, or you can choose to pay a fee and pursue a verified certificate.