Call for applications for Digital Community Network Exchange Program 2019 in the United States. A total of 16 participants will be selected through an open competition process to come to the United States for a 17-day long professional program, scheduled from September 11-28, 2019.
Over the last year, over 100 fellows from more than 20 countries of Eastern Europe and Central Asia participated in our exchange program with the goal of exploring the ways that digital information technology has impacted our way of life from e-governments, the private sector, non-governmental organizations, social movements, and the media.
The program alumni created the Digital Communication Network (DigiComNet), an international association to connect professionals in the digital age from a variety of backgrounds in order to generate ideas, tools, and products for media outlets, civil society organizations, businesses, and government. Now, over 5,000 members of the DigiComNet engage in cross-sector learning and the promotion of a free flow of quality information across borders. Since the first program in October 2015, DigiComNet organized a variety of events in Moldova, Estonia, Lithuania, Armenia, Poland, Ukraine, Serbia, Romania, Greece, Slovakia, and an upcoming event in Montenegro.
The fully funded DCN exchange program is funded by the U.S. Department of State and implemented by World Learning, the Digital Communications Network exchange program created and supports a collaborative network of communication professionals from across Europe and Central Asia, working together to strengthen communication skills through the development and dissemination of digital content.
Digital Community Network Exchange Program Details:
- United States of America (USA)
- 17-day long professional exchange program
- September 11-28, 2019
The international exchange program in the US will cover all the expenses of the program. It Includes:
- Accommodation in the United States will consist of double-person shared hotel rooms.
- A small stipend will be provided to participants while in the U.S. to cover basic living expenses.
- The cost of international and domestic travel, program-related ground transportation, cultural activities, and all other programmatic and logistical arrangements will be covered as part of the Digital Communication Network exchange program.
The eligibility criteria of the US Exchange Program is given below:
- Participants should work and reside in one of the following countries: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Georgia, Greece, Hungary, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Tajikistan, Turkey, and Ukraine. Selection will be based on the overall quality of the candidates, as well as their willingness and preparedness to make a contribution to the program.
- Please note that not all countries will be represented. Candidates from other countries should not apply.
- Candidates for the program should be communication professionals, either with a journalistic or entrepreneurial background. They should work for media organizations (traditional or new), communication companies, NGOs and social movements, or e-governments focusing on delivering media methods and using new tools of digital communications.
- Priority will be given to candidates who demonstrate an interest and capacity to develop or transform organizations for the digital age, and/or to create new digital communication products.
Additional selection criteria include:
- English language competency
- Minimum of two years of professional experience in a relevant field
- Stated commitment to free and fair information flow
- Ability to disseminate information to a wide and diverse audience
- No travel within the United States since September 2016 (preferred)
How to Apply Digital Community Network Exchange Program 2019?
The application must be completed entirely in English. The deadline for submitting the application is June 1, 2019. Applications will be reviewed as they arrive. As a precondition for the application to be considered, applicants must join the program’s existing communication network, DigiComNet. No application will be considered unless the candidate is part of the network. Please join the network on Facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/digicomnet/
- The last date to apply for the Digital Community Network Fall 20 in the United States is June 1, 2019.
Deadline is June 1, 2019