Entries are invited for the DAWN Video Story Contest 2019. Once again, Dawn.com and DW اردو invite you to pick up your camera and shoot stories from Pakistan, this time recording the diverse heroes and unsung champions among us, for a chance to win over Rs2million in prizes.
The video story Competition #OurDiversePakistan invites professional and amateur documentary filmmakers from all over the country to share unique tales of people and communities, and capture the journey of Pakistan’s diverse and undiscovered superstars.
Entries will be accepted between July 5 – August 17, 2019. Please note that these short documentary films must be original, and cannot be fictional or re-enactments.
After the contest ends, three lucky teams from the top 10 will get a chance to work with DW Documentary to produce a 12-15min long documentary film and win a prize of Rs330,000 each.
DAWN Video Story Contest 2019:⠀
- First prize: Rs500,000
- Second prize: Rs300,000
- Third prize: Rs200,000
- 2 special mention prizes: Rs100,000 each
- 2 extra prizes for social media entries: Rs55,000 each
- The competition is open for individuals of all ages, gender, and nationalities.
- Individuals can participate as teams; however, each participant can be a part of only one team.
- Entry is prohibited to employees of or consultants to DAWN and DW or their immediate family members.
- The entries should be original and CANNOT be a work of fiction.
- The footage/photos should be from Pakistan only.
- All footage in the video must be shot between July 5 and August 17, 2019.
Video Production Rules:
VIDEO STRUCTURE AND DURATION
Every video must follow the structure outlined below in the same order:
- Title slide including the name of the film – 3-4 seconds
- The film itself – ideally 2-3 minutes catering to a web audience. Max length 4 minutes.
- End slide credits including the name of participant(s)/other credits – 20 seconds maximum.
- Total duration including title and credits cannot exceed 5 minutes
Participants can make the video in any language.
English subtitles will be added to ALL videos at the bottom of the screen by the organizers.
All rights to the films made as part of the project will belong to the organizers, and a disclaimer stating so will be added to all videos received for this contest by the organizers. The organizers will share worldwide rights to the finished videos. The videos will not be used for any commercial purposes.
Filmmakers will have complete rights to show and exhibit their videos.
STILLS AND IMAGES
Participants may use still photographs. If any photographs are sourced from a third party, the source should be clearly mentioned on the credit list.
Additional images, graphics or material used to enhance the film should be royalty-free content. All creative commons material must be credited.
Animation and special effects are allowed only if they have been created during the dates of the competition.
AUDIO AND MUSIC
Participants must only use royalty free music /original background score for the film to avoid any copyright issues.
How to Submit Video for Dawn Video Contest 2019?
- Upload the final video file to Dropbox, WeTransfer or Google Drive folder.
- Share the link to download the video to firstname.lastname@example.org – the email should also include names of all participants, and a line stating that “The film has been produced following the rules and guidelines provided on the contest website, and consent is given to the organizers for owning all rights to the film”.
- Wait for a confirmation email. This can take up to 2 days, depending on the number of submissions received.
- If your video is shortlisted as a finalist, you will receive a second email at a later stage.
- If your video is not shortlisted, you will receive an email indicating so, after which you may publish the film on social media to compete in the #OurDiversePakistan social media contest.
If you have any queries, reach out to us at email@example.com and +92-331-2444651
Social Media Contest:
Take part in the #OurDiversePakistan social media contest to win two prizes worth Rs 55,000 each.
Shoot a video (in any format) or snap a photo that captures the story of Pakistan’s diverse, undiscovered heroes.
Post the video/photo on your PERSONAL ACCOUNT on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter using the hashtag #OurDiversePakistan
Make sure you set the video/photo to public and post between July 5 and August 24, 2019.
Encourage your family, friends and social network to like, heart, retweet, share and comment on your video/photo! Each heart, retweet, share and comment counts as 1 point: a minimum of 100 points are needed to be eligible for the prizes.
Be patient! The jury will review eligible submissions
and two winners will be announced on our platforms later.
Entries Submission Deadline: ⠀⠀⠀⠀
- The last to submit a video for Dawn Video Story Contest is August 17, 2019.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀