The Darmasiswa Scholarship Program 2019 is now accepting applications for Darmasiswa Indonesian Exchange Scholarship Program 2019. The duration of the Indonesia Scholarship Program is 10 months. The selected students will be studying in Indonesian Language, art and culture in 71 Indonesian universities in 2019.
The main purpose Darmasiswa RI program is to promote and increase the interest in the language, art and culture of Indonesia among youth of other countries. It has also been designed to provide stronger cultural links and understanding among participating countries.
The Darmasiswa Indonesian Exchange Scholarship Program 2019-2020 is offered to all foreign students from countries which have diplomatic relationship with Indonesia to study Indonesian language (Bahasa Indonesia), art and culture in 71 universities in 2019. The Darmasiswa Indonesian Scholarship was established in 1974 as a part of ASEAN imitative, admitting only students form ASEAN. However, in 1974 this program was extended further to other countries. Until to date, the number of countries participating in this program is more than 126 countries organized by the Minster of Education and Culture (MoEC), Republic of Indonesia.
Indonesian Exchange Scholarship Details:
- Minster of Education and Culture (MoEC), Republic of Indonesia
No. of Participating Universities:
- 71 Universities. Click here to check the list of host universities.
- 10 Months
Program Start Date:
- 29 August until 30th August 2019
- Students monthly stipend will be divided into 2 groups of area: Area 1 Rp. 2.950.000,- (Batam, Jakarta, Bandung, Surabaya, Denpasar, Makassar, Manado, Bogor, Cikarang, Ambon), Area 2 Rp. 2.550.000,- (Aceh, Padang, Palembang,Purwokerto, Semarang, Yogyakarta, Surakarta, Malang, Samarinda)
- Students will be provided with accommodation and transportation during the Orientation Program if time arrival in time with the schedule from the Ministry of Education and Culture.
- Students will get settlement allowance when attending the Orientation Program.
- Students legal permit arrangement with the help of the Host University will be supported by Ministry of Education and Culture.
- Students may seek assistance from Host University in finding a house/room to rent which is included in monthly stipend
Note: The Minstry of Education and Culture does not provide the international airfare to/from Indonesia.
Each student has to fulfill these requirements as the follows:
- Preferably Student
- Students of (FA,FSc,A-level/Diploma/ BA/BS/MS/PhD can apply)
- Those who completed Matric,O-level/FA, Fsc,A-level/Diploma/BA/BS/MS/PhD can also apply
- Completed secondary education or its equivalent
- Minimum age 17 years and Not older than 35 years of age
- Able to communicate in English and additional Bahasa Indonesia, Proven by English Language Proficiency Certificate : TOEFL/TOEIC/IELTS or OTHER CERTIFICATE if applicable (Language certificate is not a mandatory)
- In good health as proven by Medical Certificate (medical checkup result)
- Have basic knowledge of the field you’re applying
- Curriculum vitae/resume (in English)
- Medical certificate (in English)
- A valid passport – Minimum 2 years expiration date
- Recommendation Letter From Education Institution / Professional Institution on official letterhead and signature (in English)
- Last academic transcript and certificates (in English)
- English Language certificate (if applicable)
- Other certificates that related to the field you’re applying (if applicable)
- Writing essay about purpose of study (in english or bahasa Indonesia maximum 500 words)
How to Apply for Darmasiswa Indonesian Exchange Scholarship Program 2019-2020?
Prospective students are required to register and submit all documents in Darmasiswa RI official website apply.darmasiswa.kemdikbud.go.id. For students who are not in the student’s home country is not allowed to be registered through the Indonesian Embassy/Consulate General in the participating countries (non-citizenship).
- Students must sign a statement letter provided by the Indonesian Embassy/Consulate General.
- Students are requested to inform the Bureau of Planning and International Cooperation, Ministry of Education and Culture regarding date and time of arrivals to Indonesia for pick up arrangement.
- Students must arrive in Indonesia a day before the Orientation Program.
- Students will responsible for the accommodation arrangement and immigration expenses if time arrival is not in time with the schedule arranged by Ministry of Education and Culture.
- Students must follow the study until the end of the program.
- Students must write final report to the Host University and Ministry of Education and Culture after finishing the study in Indonesia.
- Online registration – 1 Januari 2019 until 1 March 2019
- Interview at related KBRI/KJRI – 4 March 2019 until 15 March 2019
- Selection by the University (online) – 18 March 2019 until 3 April 2019
- Announcement – 10 April 2019
- Attendance confirmation – 10 April 2019 until 30 April 2019
- Final Announcement – 6 May 2019
- Flight itinerary confirmation – 7 May 2019 until 1 August 2019
- Arrival at Jakarta, Indonesia – 28 August 2019
- Orientation program at Jakarta, Indonesia – 29 until 30 August 2019
- The last date to apply for Darmasiswa Indonesian Exchange Scholarship Program 2019-2020 is 1 March 2019.