Applications are now invited for DAAD Scholarship 2019-2020 in Germany. The DAAD Scholarships in Germany are available for Masters and Ph.D. courses in the best universities of Germany. DAAD Postgraduate Scholarships for Developing Countries’ Students, 2019-2020 are available in multiple disciplines at German institutions of Higher education.
With its development-oriented postgraduate study programmes, the DAAD promotes the training of specialists from development and newly industrialized countries.
Well-trained local experts, who are networked with international partners, play an important part in the sustainable development of their countries. They are the best guarantee for a better future with less poverty, more education and health for all. The scholarships offer foreign graduates from development and newly industrialised countries from all disciplines and with at least two years’ professional experience the chance to take a postgraduate or Master’s degree at a state or state-recognised German university, and in exceptional cases to take a doctoral degree, and to obtain a university qualification (Master’s/PhD) in Germany.
Daad Scholarship 2019-2020 Details:
- The German Academic Exchange Service or DAAD (DAAD Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst)
Universities & Courses:
- Individual scholarships exclusively for Postgraduate courses in Germany that are listed on the “List of all Postgraduate courses with application deadlines“.
- Master’s Scholarships
- Doctoral (Ph.D.)
- 12 to 36 months (dependent on study programme)
DAAD Scholarships are fully funded scholarships. It will cover all the cost of the program.
- Depending on the academic level, monthly payments of 850 euros for graduates or 1,200 euros for doctoral candidates
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover
- Travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding
- Candidates fulfill the necessary academic requirements and can be expected to successfully complete a study programme in Germany (above-average result for first academic exam – top performance third, language skills)
- Candidates have a Bachelor degree (usually a four-year course) in an appropriate subject
- Candidates have at least two years’ professional experience
- Candidates can prove their motivation is development-related and be expected to take on social responsibility and initiate and support processes of change in their personal and professional environment after their training/scholarship
- English Language Requirements: Depending on the chosen study programme; please check the scholarship brochure or the website of your chosen study programme.
How to Apply for DAAD Scholarship 2019-2020?
The applications have to be sent directly to the respective University. Applications (or documents) sent to the DAAD will not be forwarded to the according to courses! The complete applications have to be submitted in English or German to be considered.
List of the required documents (in the stated order):
- DAAD application form can be found under “Application Procedure”.
- A hand-signed CV (please use the Europass specimen form: http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/
- A hand-signed letter of motivation (with reference to current occupation), maximum of 2 pages
- Academic letter/s of recommendation (the letters must have a letterhead, a signature, and an office stamp and must be of recent date)
- Professional letter/s of recommendation from your employer (the letter must have a letterhead, a signature, and an office stamp and must be of recent date)
- Confirmation of employment from the employer in your home country and – if possible – a guarantee of reemployment.
- Proof of language abilities:
- English – TOEFL or IELTS (Note: We only accept an academic TOEFL)
- German – necessary for the courses taught in German; for the courses taught in English, if available
- (certified*) copies of awarded academic degrees (certified translation if necessary)
- (certified*) copies of academic transcripts (certified translation if necessary)
Please check with the requirements of the according to University whether certified copies are required. Please note that the University you are applying for may require additional documents. Please check with the website of the according to the postgraduate course.
- Each university has different application timeline and deadline.